CC Ecosse (East) RV Ride - Sat 25 Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
The ice has gone, the snow never really came - around here at any rate :thumbsup: - so it's time to start riding again :bicycle: !

I'm going out for a ride on Saturday morning and I want to be back home for 1300 (before watching 6 Nations rugby at 1330), need to be a comfortable distance (30 mins or so) from home, so Craigies Farm at 1100 fits the bill well.

For those who have not come on an RV ride before, here is how it works:

- someone [in this case - me :biggrin:] chooses a date, place and time to meet
- you can ride as far :bicycle: or as short :cycle: as you wish to get there
- we meet, have CAKE :hungry: - and anything else you wish
- you are free to leave whenever you want, to ride on or head back

The weather forecast looks reasonable, so I will probably go Linlithgow direction first, then to Craigies and head home around 1230.

Anyone want to come along :wahhey: ....

... or will it be "All Alone am I" ?? :cry:

fimm

Veteran
Hmmm. I'd like to come, and it might even be possible (it depends how long my b/f will take to meet his internet random who is running back along the canal from Falkirk) but I suspect I really, really should be cleaning the flat before my parents turn up tomorrow. :sad:

Good idea. New to this forum, so would be good to come, but I don't think I'll be back in Edinburgh by then, definitely up for the next one if i'm about. I'll be on the look out
Cheers, Rich

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:hello: Hello Scooshie!
A little birdie told me that you were worrying about having to eat all the cake at Craigie's by yourself ...
the wind looks a bit fierce for my taste, but I'll keep an eye on the forecast, might see you there!

T

lm interested but, please don't count on me as I'm 0 for 6 at the moment!

Ps hi folks I hope you all had a good hibernation and are looking forward to a good year of cycling

I think its come too quick for me. I came down with the Flu on Sat/Sun, thankfully I shook that on Tues and it was just heavy cold/cough for the next few days. Thankfully its now a light cold but I still have a bit of a cough :sad: Enjoy your cake :hungry:
Edit: I popped out for a slow 35 miler this afternoon; deliberately going slow so as not to aggravate anything and it seems to have worked, I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Fubar

Guru
Thanks for the link, I'm out tonight at a Race Night at East End Park so it will depend how hungover I am tomorrow... a run out to Edinburger would be a good hangover cure though to be sure. See how I'm placed in the AM, might see you there.

edindave

Über Member
Full on head cold here - and daddy day care duties from noon so I'll have to give it a miss unfortunately.

Change of plan - I'm back in toun and I'll be there. Did I hear newbies buy the first round...? ;) Maybe that's just me trying to convince the stragglers.... Looking to be pretty good conditions too - 15mph winds from the SW and dry. Sweet! See you there. Rich

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Gooddeee !! I'll not be on my own ! ^_^

Weather looks OK, so going out around 0900 to head to(wards) Liligow, then, having 'qualified' for cake :hungry: (by going UP :eek: to Ochiltreehill via Riccarton), a fast dash back to Craigies. :bicycle:

Looking forward to meeting some old well-acquainted and not-so-well-acquainted CC Ecosse folk ! :wahhey:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
That was fun :bicycle: ... my first "longer" ride of the year ... :blush:

Some surprise appearances at Craigie's Farm that I wasn't expecting - MrRidley & GavinTC, great to catch up with you!
... Edinburgh_Rider28, welcome to CC Ecosse, a bunch of strangers (Or should that be strange people :crazy:) from the internet, hope we didn't scare you off!
... and of course Scooshie :cheers:

Hope you got home dry, I managed to avoid an almighty downpour while doing my shopping on the way home!

Fingers crossed for some further cycle-friendly weather in the near future! :wahhey:

T

Don't worry, Telemark - CC lived up to its name as being a friendly, or was it 'friedly', :-) group - looking forward to more rides as summer starts to show its face. Sadly, I'm back offshore on Tuesday but I'll be raring to get out more when I get back!

Top Bottom