Scotland : Kingdom of Fife CC Ecosse (Fife) Ride - Saturday 12th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, but I'm not going to make this after all - been worrying about other stuff the last few days and hadn't properly checked out the options until tonight - head's just not in the right place at the moment tbh... I was trying to plan a short(ish) feeder ride, getting the train to Falkirk and riding to the start from there, but I've just been getting myself tied up in knots with different options, train connections and thinking about a hundred and one things that could go wrong, so now ma heid's nippin' and I should probably be in bed by now anyway if I were going... I might try and get out later in the day for a wee blast depending how the wind/rain is blowing, but will see how I am tomorrow. Apologies for the slightly rambling nature of this post but well, I used to be indecisive and now I'm not so sure!

Hopefully, I'll get myself together and see you all at PoP in a fortnight!

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Sorry, but I'm not going to make this after all - been worrying about other stuff the last few days and hadn't properly checked out the options until tonight - head's just not in the right place at the moment tbh... I was trying to plan a short(ish) feeder ride, getting the train to Falkirk and riding to the start from there, but I've just been getting myself tied up in knots with different options, train connections and thinking about a hundred and one things that could go wrong, so now ma heid's nippin' and I should probably be in bed by now anyway if I were going... I might try and get out later in the day for a wee blast depending how the wind/rain is blowing, but will see how I am tomorrow. Apologies for the slightly rambling nature of this post but well, I used to be indecisive and now I'm not so sure!

Hopefully, I'll get myself together and see you all at PoP in a fortnight!

Thanks for letting us know Ross, hope you feel more like yourself soon enough :smile: get on the bike if you can, it always helps :smile:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
I will not make the start time as i need to take the girlfriend to Edinburgh this morning, i can`t do the full route as i don`t want to leave my dogs alone all day today, we are going to the redbull racers tonight so it was be to much if we left them all day themselves..I should catch you lot on some of the route

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
That's me just home, 6 of us started the ride, Cameron left just before the cake stop, Mr grieve left for Kirkcaldy after the cake stop and left the 4 of us to be battered for about 4 miles with a headwind, some of the hardest conditions I've ever cycled in but still really enjoyed it, thanks for a great day guys

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:bravo:Chapeau - wind gusts of 52 mph at Edinburgh airport around noon - that's pretty hardcore stuff into the wind!
We expect an epic report with photos ...

In the meantime I have managed to finish my report a bit quicker than expected, about 5 min ago. :wahhey: So the rest of the weekend is all mine:dance: ...

T

That's me just home, 6 of us started the ride, Cameron left just before the cake stop, Mr grieve left for Kirkcaldy after the cake stop and left the 4 of us to be battered for about 4 miles with a headwind, some of the hardest conditions I've ever cycled in but still really enjoyed it, thanks for a great day guys
The winds today was indeed a factor.

Cameronmu917772

Had a great day with you all guys. Shame there were so many drop outs first thing. I tell you that sorted the men from the boys anyway and we all made it so that must mean...
Soz I shot off befor cake stop didn't fancy upsetting her indoors coming to pick me up again. Makes for an easier weekend as we are off together for a change. :smile: and new job means I'm of a tight rope at the moment too :secret:

The other good news is falkland hill was just over 1000ft gain I will admit it was a rather slow climb with the winds but well worth it for the fast twisting decent :hyper: If you havnt tackled it befor def get it done on a calm day the views would be fantastic! After that not much to report other than my first sand storm... Yes I did say that. I had no idea what it was either until I was in it. 52 miles and met a few new faces.

Thanks guys :hello:

Top Bottom