Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond CC Ecosse Loch Lomond ride - Sat January 18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Let's see ... so far we have:
Definitely:
@Rasmus (NOT standing in as glorious leader for @jazloc this time - who seems to have disappeared)
@Pat "5mph" (:girl:with ice tyres?)
@Harry_Palmer79 (bubble-wrapped!)
@GBC (don't think we've met yet?)
@GlasgowFinn (no more tumbles on ice please :stop:)
@mr messy (Mr 'Rear Brakes only' :surrender:)
@Edwardoka (nae mudguards :headshake::biggrin:)

Maybe:
@phantasmagoriana (if no ice)
@Col5632 (if a lift can be found?)
@Louch (if the new bike isn't too precious or needs a wee hoose built at the weekend)
@Gee_Dee :girl:
@Telemark (strong maybe, may bail out if it looks too much like :rain:all day long :blush:)
@GlasgowGaryH (come on, you don't need a road bike :thumbsup:)

No:
@Scoosh :cry:

Any mistakes in the attempted roll call are mine :thanks:

T:tongue:

Have decided to leave front brake as is.......don't want to look like i'm showing off with new shiny shiny ;)
You do remember what nearly happened in Kilsyth on the Perth feeder ride when I took the wrong turning and you followed me, and I stopped suddenly without thinking and only quick braking stopped you from ploughing into me... right?

Ok, just checking!

GBC

Veteran
Following a couple of squeeky bum incidents while braking in the recent wet weather, since about 2010 I suppose that it, I've just stuck a couple of green Swisstops on the back brake to see if they are as good as reported and can handle a decent amount of kinetic energy. I'll be looking to maintain my position as rear gunner, so if anyone becomes infirm or has a technical, and ends up behind me, just watch it when I hit the brakes!

While I was at it, and with a half turn of the 'H' screw, I also brought the smallest cog back into play. It's been out for a while to be honest, but it's seldom at the end of the cassette that I'm looking for extra gears:sweat:

Looking forward to catching up with you all on Saturday:smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Have decided to leave front brake as is.......don't want to look like i'm showing off with new shiny shiny ;)

:rolleyes: Is it hanging by a thread or something? Remind me to steer clear of you on Saturday :B) ;) (if I'm coming, the forecast for the west seems to become wetter :rain::rain::rain: every time I look ...:headshake:)

T

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I am plus one on the Swiss stops

:rolleyes: Is it hanging by a thread or something? Remind me to steer clear of you on Saturday :B) ;) (if I'm coming, the forecast for the west seems to become wetter :rain::rain::rain: every time I look ...:headshake:)

T
Cable works....kind of but rusted so can't be adjusted. Been moving shifter to the side so could get brake lever beyond the bars but now run out of pads too......:whistle:
Can't decide whether to get new bars and tape on right side has been patched with insulating tape so won't easily re-wrap. :unsure:

What's a little precipitation to woory aboot @Telemark ? :whistle:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Untitled.png

:secret: an improvement from the dusk-to-dawn rain :rain::rain::rain: predicted yesterday ...:wahhey:

T

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I'm out im afraid. Projects taking big hits just now, so I have to be in rosyth for 5pm Saturday to test warranty fixes. @Col5632 - If you fancy some fife miles in the afternoon let me know

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Sincerely hoping to join you, just need to discuss general weekend plans and come to an agreed compromise ...a trip to the Wild West does take up the whole day! We have a fair bit of DIY to do :rolleyes:, and only the weekends to do it - it seriously gets in the way of cycling :headshake:, but needs to be tackled at some point...
I'll confirm tomorrow evening, one way or another :thumbsup:. If I don't make it this Saturday, call it collecting brownie points for other occasions :secret:.

T

Top Bottom