Scotland : Argyll, Isles & Loch Lomond CC Ecosse Loch Lomond ride - Sat January 18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've put this off for as long as possible but I am out I'm afraid.

My cold is now a chest infection so I'm off the bike - indoors and outdoors - and feeling sorry for myself.

Col5632

Guru
I'm out im afraid. Projects taking big hits just now, so I have to be in rosyth for 5pm Saturday to test warranty fixes. @Col5632 - If you fancy some fife miles in the afternoon let me know

Sadly can't do any miles on sat afternoon :sad: Was hoping to get out on sunday for a bit but seems im being dragged to Glasgow :gun:

Latest forecast says non-freezing temperatures, moderate wind, and only patchy outbreaks of rain.

So, there's every chance of an enjoyable ride!

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow, and please try to be on time, or at least give notice if you are delayed.
Likewise! It's been too long since our last outing with you guys...

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere and I missed it, but given that the weather is unlikely to be icy, does that mean we're going over the Queen's View road as per the original plan?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
@Rasmus - which forecast is this?
This one (MetOffice) looks very wet for Balloch from early noon, whether on the '5-day' tab or on the 'map' tab, the BBC seems to agree ...:rain::rain::rain:

Unfortunately my lovely new Altura Varium jacket is leaking badly, got very wet arms and back on its first outing in the rain - only a couple of short medium showers, nothing too heavy or sustained :cry:... just as well I found out on the commute rather than on a longer outing. So I'm not terribly keen on getting very wet and having to travel back home on the train in that state :sad:...

T

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I'm going to regretfully skip this. I haven't been on the bike in ages and it would be irresponsible to just jump on and do a (for me) long ride like this. Next time.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
OK, I'll need to 'sit on the fence' for a wee bit longer, really don't want to end up like @mr messy when he rode through the rainstorm all the way from home for the Midlothian/Gladhouse Reservoir ride ... borderline hypothermia that was, in my book:eek:. Temperatures were similar on that ride, and my leaky waterproofs (old :sad: and new :headshake::thumbsdown:) are perfect for getting really cold on a longer outing, especially if stopping a few times and cooling down. I'm not as hard as the really hard'uns on here :blush: :surrender:.

I'll get up well in time for catching the train, check the latest situation and will post on here after deciding.
Have even got a cake in the oven and my fingers are firmly crossed that the forecast won't look quite as wet in the morning.

T (I know, chicken :rolleyes:)

OK, I'll need to 'sit on the fence' for a wee bit longer, really don't want to end up like @mr messy when he rode through the rainstorm all the way from home for the Midlothian/Gladhouse Reservoir ride ... borderline hypothermia that was, in my book:eek:. Temperatures were similar on that ride, and my leaky waterproofs (old :sad: and new :headshake::thumbsdown:) are perfect for getting really cold on a longer outing, especially if stopping a few times and cooling down. I'm not as hard as the really hard'uns on here :blush: :surrender:.

I'll get up well in time for catching the train, check the latest situation and will post on here after deciding.
Have even got a cake in the oven and my fingers are firmly crossed that the forecast won't look quite as wet in the morning.

T (I know, chicken :rolleyes:)
The train does head down in that direction. Would be a shame after looking forward to a trip through lovely scenery and meeting with wonderful company the poor little cake wasn't allowed out to play........:whistle:

Top Bottom