Scotland : The Highlands CC Ecosse Lochs and Glens Tour #CONFIRMED#

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Big Cat might get jealous :stop:.
What happens in Pitlochry stays in Pitlochry.

Just saying...

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
OK I'm up! Will/should be at Pitlochry yoof (how did YOU lot get in?!) hostel for back o' nine. Post here if your going to be elsewhere and I will try to catch up. Don't wait for me if I get held up/diverted :okay: .....
Are you nearly there yet?

Was looking at the rain radar a moment ago, rain clearing Pitlochry northwards just now - don't cycle too fast, or you'll catch up with it ;)

T

Brandane

Legendary Member
Are you nearly there yet?

Was looking at the rain radar a moment ago, rain clearing Pitlochry northwards just now - don't cycle too fast, or you'll catch up with it ;)

T
You couldn't make it up! The drive up to Pitlochry was dry all the way - until about 10 miles south of Pitlochry.
I hadn't even bothered to take a waterproof jacket, thanks to the optimism of the met office. So first call was an outdoor shop for a jacket.
Met up with the tourists at their hostel, and we set off in light rain.

Ten miles in, at Calvine, I decided enough was enough as the rain was alternating between light and moderate. I had planned to return to Pitlochry sometime today anyway, so I brought it forward and bailed from the ride.
I have posted my opinions on wet weather cycling before, and I don't enjoy it so no point carrying on when it was showing no sign of easing. Anyway, I'm sure once the jinxed one was out of the way it would have cleared up for the others! Hope it did.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:bravo: @Brandane for making all that effort to check our riders were behaving themselves still fit :unsure: and well and for accompanying them some of the way … I'm sure they appreciated seeing someone else. ;)

Bummer about the rain :rain: - Pitlochry often has its own mini-climate.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Then the sun came out :rolleyes:

I hope you are winding me up! But it wouldn't surprise me if that is what happened.
When I turned back, the rain actually got heavier for a while around Blair Atholl, so I headed into the town to look for a café to shelter in. Just at that a southbound train appeared, so I jumped on it and got a freebie back to Pitlochry. By the time I got to Pitlochry the weather had improved. Now I'm back in the Rio Clyde area and the sun is out. Oh well, c'est la vie :rolleyes:.

Enjoy the rest of the trip y'all.

Attachments

• IMG_20150815_174849.jpg
    IMG_20150815_174849.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Day 3 Sit Rep: yesterday was a very, very hard day - poor Junior Fu was in pain all day, sensible option was for her to bail, Mrs Fu kindly came and collected her. After such a stressful day some evening "relaxation" was required.

Much better day today, wet to start but drying up by Bruar - now ensconced in a lovely hostel in Newtonmore. Chaps talking opera and religion, ladies cooking Italiano. Nom nom!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Aye, yesterday's route looked pretty hard going. :ohmy:

Real shame for Junior Fu :sad: - it's not easy doing back-to-back rides like they were, from a low fitness/ experience base point. Still, she's had a go and the next one won't be as painful :headshake:.

Only one more day's riding left :ohmy:.

Ride Safe, everyone. :bicycle:

Top Bottom