CC Ecosse mince pie & stollen ride (RV ride#3)

Which date? (I reserve the right to make the final decision ;-)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JiMBR

Jane Smart said:
Silly boy that was just silver icing :tongue:

Men :biggrin:

:laugh:

Now who's looking for a slap!? :cry:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I've got a mince pie order in already, my grandmother's coming to visit and I've got two dozen mince pies coming with her all the way from Lincolnshire! I'm going to have to do a lot of cycling to work those beauties off!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
eldudino said:
I've got a mince pie order in already, my grandmother's coming to visit and I've got two dozen mince pies coming with her all the way from Lincolnshire! I'm going to have to do a lot of cycling to work those beauties off!
.... we'll even help you by doing some of that cycling for you ;)

Just name the time/place where the famous Lincolnshire mince pies are to be eaten ... and be ready to welcome loadsa new friends :evil:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
JiMBR said:
Two Dozen!

It'll take you ages to finish that lot off. :wacko:

Last time I visited my grandparents near xmas time (and in my 20-21stone days) I took 18 mince pies with me, they lasted about 200 miles - they never even made it back to Scotland!!!

scoosh said:
.... we'll even help you by doing some of that cycling for you :biggrin:

Just name the time/place where the famous Lincolnshire mince pies are to be eaten ... and be ready to welcome loadsa new friends :wacko:

As said before, my time is pretty much taken up in December so I'll just have to bear the burden myself and eat the lot! :biggrin:

scook94

Guru
Jane, Not sure I'll make it through to Dunfermline at the moment. My car has been taken off the road by our Car Fleet Dept and the one I've been given in the interim won't accept the roof bars/cycle carrier I have. I'm loathe to buy new fixings for the roof bars as this car is only an interim measure until a proper replacement car is organised.

I'll try and figure something out though...

Jane Smart

The Queen
scook94 said:
Jane, Not sure I'll make it through to Dunfermline at the moment. My car has been taken off the road by our Car Fleet Dept and the one I've been given in the interim won't accept the roof bars/cycle carrier I have. I'm loathe to buy new fixings for the roof bars as this car is only an interim measure until a proper replacement car is organised.

I'll try and figure something out though...

That is ok no worries, but my MTB went in the back of a micra, you know ;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
eldudino said:
Last time I visited my grandparents near xmas time (and in my 20-21stone days) I took 18 mince pies with me, they lasted about 200 miles - they never even made it back to Scotland!!!

As said before, my time is pretty much taken up in December so I'll just have to bear the burden myself and eat the lot! :laugh:

.. but that is what friends :laugh: are for - to share the load ;), share the burdens ;).

It is always important to trust your friends :becool:

scook94

Guru
Jane Smart said:
That is ok no worries, but my MTB went in the back of a micra, you know ;)

The boot of my car is usually full of my work sh!t, so it would have to squeeze entirely onto the back seat. I'll have a wander into halfrauds and see how much it'll be to get the right fixings...

Jane Smart

The Queen
scook94 said:
The boot of my car is usually full of my work sh!t, so it would have to squeeze entirely onto the back seat. I'll have a wander into halfrauds and see how much it'll be to get the right fixings...

Or if you are definately cycing from Stirling perhaps I could meet you en-route ? Just an idea, to save you going to any expense:smile:

OP
OP
Telemark

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Update on dates (I'll also add this to the first post):

Let's agree on Sun 13th provisionally, as this seems to suit most of you. (Sorry seamab!). Any volunteers for a cycle courier delivery to Dollar? Edible rewards ... (upon presentation of signed receipt ;)).

You are welcome from 12:00 onwards, so there is time for eating & chatting & getting back on the road before dark.

If the weather is really horrible (black ice, blizzard or similar :blush: we can always try to postpone it, but I appreciate this may be difficult with weekends getting booked out at this time of year.

Hmmm ... need to work out quantities of ingredients next ...

T

Top Bottom