CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

I've done that route once or twice IIRC the only slighty complicated (but not actually that complicated is Denny)

Me and Scoosh were talking about the Edinburgh leg today either he or me or both will be riding out to meet you on route and will guide you in.

Excellent. We'll just have to decide on an approxmate meeting point.:smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I wonder if Mags is going to PM us the location of the other cake stop?? Or is he not telling us so that we don't leave him behind... ;)

Hmmm. I have to vet you all first just in case any of you are bus drivers, taxi drivers etc.....;)

HJ, I'll PM you my address and if anyone else wants to have it (and my mobile number) I'll pass on the details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hmmm. I have to vet you all first just in case any of you are bus drivers, taxi drivers etc.....;)

HJ, I'll PM you my address and if anyone else wants to have it (and my mobile number) I'll pass on the details.

Mag, are you sure this isn't just so nobody gets to the brownies before you? :tongue:
(Not me :laugh:, you can trust me, honest ;) )

T

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Mag, are you sure this isn't just so nobody gets to the brownies before you? :tongue:
(Not me :laugh:, you can trust me, honest ;) )

T

:biggrin: I'll need to put in some speed training before next Saturday to get back first!

Actually, I'm a bit worried that I have talked up these brownies a bit too much. Mrs Magnatom probably feels under a lot of pressure now! :blush:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland

Good stuff, just posted that on Blood Bus... :evil:

JiMBR

I'll tell you what...in the interests of science and because I'm a thoroughly good sort, I'll taste the brownies if you send me a sample.

OK...I'll not be on the ride, but that makes me an impartial judge!

:tongue:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:biggrin: I'll need to put in some speed training before next Saturday to get back first!

Actually, I'm a bit worried that I have talked up these brownies a bit too much. Mrs Magnatom probably feels under a lot of pressure now! :blush:

:ohmy: Tell Mrs Magnatom not to worry! Somebody who should know told me that hungry cyclists are cafe owners' favourite customers ... always cheerful & ravenous ... Even if Mrs M were to think the prospective brownies :tongue: aren't not up to her usual standard (I suspect they will be), who is to say that they won't be the best brownies in the west? :hungry:
My MiL makes the best brownies in the south though ... (but I can't re-recreate them, despite having been given the recipe :blush: )

T

:ohmy: Tell Mrs Magnatom not to worry! Somebody who should know told me that hungry cyclists are cafe owners' favourite customers ... always cheerful & ravenous ... Even if Mrs M were to think the prospective brownies :tongue: aren't not up to her usual standard (I suspect they will be), who is to say that they won't be the best brownies in the west? :hungry:
My MiL makes the best brownies in the south though ... (but I can't re-recreate them, despite having been given the recipe :blush: )

T
Off topic have you ever been to Cafe Atista on Marchmont Road ?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Off topic have you ever been to Cafe Atista on Marchmont Road ?

no ... do they do nice brownies?

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
If you had you wouldn't think that Bruno (the cafe owner) thinks cyclists are his best customers. It used to be a regular for our club but 90% of the ERC boycott it now.

I know they do (or did) good bacon rolls I've not been in for over a year now!

:ohmy: just had a look on google ...from the reviews it appears to be a rather "unusual" sort of cafe! (bike leaning against a wall was mentioned in one of the write-ups). I was referring to "Love coffee, love food" @ Gifford and the great people who run it!

But we better get back on topic!:blush:
I take it the timing for the lunch stop is still around 12-1 (ish)? Especially with the Crow Road or similary foolishness :biggrin: ;) being built into the route ...

T

viniga

Guru
Hi All,

Magnatom advertised this to me on a Pedal for Scotland thread... Pedal for Cake sounds better, so count me in. Just a bit confused about when this is? Was it today (boo hoo) or is it next Saturday? Where does it start from and at what time do we meet? A cake lover wants to know...

Viniga

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Welcome aboard viniga! If I knew how to change the initial post with updated details I would. One of the difficulties with the new software. :sad:

Anyway the plan is, I'm setting of from my house at 8:30am in Torrance. Heading to Bishopbriggs station to pick up the other west coast riders and we are then heading off (via a hill detour) to Edinburgh. We will probably meet a few folk on the way and when we get to Edinburgh we will get some bun! (Assuming we haven't had out tea yet....;)). Then with the enlarge mass of CC humanity we will all sprint (dawdle) back over to my hoose in Torrance for yet more cake. Then the east coasters will set off for home (hopefully with full bellies) either by bike or train, depending on their wee tired legs.

So there are oppertunities for 50 mile rides, 100 mile rides or 150 mile rides!:ohmy:

Just to add there is probably some space for parking near my house. Probably not for 15 cars, but certainly for one or two, if anyone wanted to leave a car at my place.

Looking forward to seeing you viniga! :biggrin:

sleekitcollie

ok in my state of post accident / pain killer induced fuzzy mind :wacko: i stupidly thought this run was today sat 4th . ooops silly me .
apology's to Hlab for what must have been a few confusing txt :blush: ooops

anyway i now now its nxt sat , so hope to catch up with u all when u whizz through winchburgh
I'm a right fruitcake :ohmy:

Top Bottom