Scotland : Perthshire CC Ecosse Perth Ride - Sat 4 Aug 12

Are you coming ?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Was over Dunfermline way myself yesterday afternoon, was planning on just a wee ride to Dunfermline and back, ended up going to aberdour, the hill from aberdour to crossgates was good, wasn't expecting that, ended up doing 47 miles

The weather was good but you could see that the rain was coming

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
EDIT: Mark hasn't been out since last night for 10 weeks and found the 17 mile run really difficult so i don't think he will make tomorrow's ride
Sounds like he's the ideal candidate for this ride ! :wahhey:

If Mark opts/chickens out (forgetting that NO ONE gets left behind; there will be CAKE :hungry:), will you need a lift to Perth ?

PM me if required, pse

Col5632

Guru
Was over Dunfermline way myself yesterday afternoon, was planning on just a wee ride to Dunfermline and back, ended up going to aberdour, the hill from aberdour to crossgates was good, wasn't expecting that, ended up doing 47 miles

The weather was good but you could see that the rain was coming

I don't think i have ridden that part of road as yet :cycle:
Sounds like he's the ideal candidate for this ride ! :wahhey:

If Mark opts/chickens out (forgetting that NO ONE gets left behind; there will be CAKE :hungry:), will you need a lift to Perth ?

PM me if required, pse

I have my car to get me up so i'll be fine for a lift, doesnt sound like he is up for it, i think he found last night much harder than he thought but it has been 10 weeks of no riding for him :bravo:

D

Deleted member 20519

I don't suppose anyone could bring some chain lube with them, I plan to clean my bike today but I don't have any oil. Dry chain = bad :whistle:

Fubar

Guru
As Col says I REALLY struggled last night, so have decided 40 miles tomorrow is a bit out of my range at the mo (I know no-one gets left behind but last night was just embarrassing :blush:, poor Colin had to keep waiting for me - and he's far too nice to complain) . Plus me erse is sore today so a couple of days rest required, I just left it too long before getting back on the bike (work and holidays are my excuse). IF I can get myself sorted out I'll put myself down as a maybe for Saturday 11th, hopefully a couple more rides will sort me out. Have a good ride out everyone. Cheers, Mark

Col5632

Guru
As Col says I REALLY struggled last night, so have decided 40 miles tomorrow is a bit out of my range at the mo (I know no-one gets left behind but last night was just embarrassing :blush:, poor Colin had to keep waiting for me - and he's far too nice to complain) . Plus me erse is sore today so a couple of days rest required, I just left it too long before getting back on the bike (work and holidays are my excuse). IF I can get myself sorted out I'll put myself down as a maybe for Saturday 11th, hopefully a couple more rides will sort me out. Have a good ride out everyone. Cheers, Mark

It was no problem honestly, gave me the chance to rest also, its usually me struggling to keep up with you :blush:

tug benson

OK, I think we have :

Techmech + Friend
Scoosh
Col5632
Tug Benson
Jazloc
Rasmus
Fubar
Touche
Honestman1910
Sleekitcollie (Maybe)

Possibly one other 'Mystery Member'

... and CAKE ! :hungry:

That sounds like a party to me:bicycle:

D

Deleted member 20519

Went out and got a waterproof and supposedly breathable jacket, along with some gloves. I hope it doesn't rain as I'm still wearing my shorts/shoes with no overshoes. Bit of a problem with my cycling shoes, the velcro strap gets rubbed against the rank and then it peels off, it needs adjusted every 5 minutes. Not only that, my right foot has a sharp pain after around an hour cycling - I think the cleats positioned incorrectly but I don't know how to fix it.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I don't suppose anyone could bring some chain lube with them, I plan to clean my bike today but I don't have any oil. Dry chain = bad :whistle:

I can bring a small lube bottle, no problem.

See you tomorrow morning at the train. I ride a trek 7.3fx hybrid, and will be wearing a red and white jersey, possible covered with a bright yellow jacket if the weather is poorish.

D

Deleted member 20519

I can bring a small lube bottle, no problem.

See you tomorrow morning at the train. I ride a trek 7.3fx hybrid, and will be wearing a red and white jersey, possible covered with a bright yellow jacket if the weather is poorish.

Thanks for that. I'll look out for you on the train, it's fairly small (I think there's only 2 carriages) so I'll probably run into you. I'll be wearing a black top and black shorts and possibly a green jacket if it's raining. :thumbsup:

tug benson

Went out and got a waterproof and supposedly breathable jacket, along with some gloves. I hope it doesn't rain as I'm still wearing my shorts/shoes with no overshoes. Bit of a problem with my cycling shoes, the velcro strap gets rubbed against the rank and then it peels off, it needs adjusted every 5 minutes. Not only that, my right foot has a sharp pain after around an hour cycling - I think the cleats positioned incorrectly but I don't know how to fix it.

didn`t you fit th cleats yourself?

what kind of shoes do you wear?

think we might get some small showers, i don`t mind them, keeps me cooled down, i don`t have overshoes either, from what i`ve read, your feet can still get wet even with them on, more splash proof than full on waterproof

Top Bottom