Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse ride (West) - Saturday Oct 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Since seamab is a little slow in putting up a thread, I'll go ahead and get us started.

• The Ride - From Glasgow through Houston, Langbank, Kilmacolm, Lochwinnoch and back.
  • Meeting Place - XScape centre at Braehead, starting at 10:30 am. For locals/train arrivals, there will be a ride out from the City Centre leaving at 09:45 from the McLellan Arch at the Saltmarket entrance to Glasgow Green.
  • Route - Something close to this - 65 km / 40 miles
  • Terrain - No big hills, but there are a number of short, steepish climbs. But do not worry, and remember the rules below.
  • Ride Time - About 3.5-4 hrs, depending on stops
  • Stops - Cake stop option in Lochwinnoch
The 3 key rules of CC Ecosse Forum Rides:

NO ONE gets left behind
ANY BIKE will do:bicycle:
There WILL BE CAKE ! :hungry:

Attending:
Rasmus
Seamab
Fubar
StuChalmers
Col3562
Jazloc
Tug Benson
GBC
Kevin Falconer (provided transport will be sorted)
Telemark (possible)
glasgowjim (possible)

Not attending:
Fokker
Scoosh

Col5632

Guru
I'm a more than likely for this one, never done a proper route in the west before so will be good to cycle somewhere else :thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:thumbsup:
I'll see what the weather is like nearer the time ... if it gets really windy/wet/cold, I'll chicken out :blush::cold::rain:
The current weekend looks perfect for a wee ride :sun::wahhey:... have just read about a great bakery/patisserie in Dunbar and thought "must look at a map" ;)

T

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Am going to say maybe just now but it`s bordering on not making it, meant to be on a all day session in the pubs on the 20th..will see closer to the time

Seamab

Well done on taking the initiative Rasmus - apologies but i've had little time this week.

A couple of points to note. For anyone parking at Xscape, i have previously used the ski changing facilities upstairs to change. Make sure you know where your car is parked (at 10am it's empty but at 3pm it's hoaching!). There's an Evan's cycle shop inside.

There is a football game on the 20th at Ibrox which in my experience can cause the Inchinnan Rd to be busy on return - best just to cycle on the pavement for a little bit. If the return was via Pollok Park the same problem would be encountered on Drumbreck Rd back towards Xscape.

The coffee shop at Lochwinnoch i think is called "The Junction" if we use it (pretty decent IIRC) - remember to bring bike lock! Also shops in Lochwinnoch for anyone needing to stock up. There's also a humungous Morrisons beside the cycle path at Elderslie which would have a cafe.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Mr seamab did i pass you the other day, it was at the traffic lights on the road works between dollar and muchkart? you were stopped at the lights and i was heading for a personal best up that climb

Get In The Van

Well done on taking the initiative Rasmus - apologies but i've had little time this week.

A couple of points to note. For anyone parking at Xscape, i have previously used the ski changing facilities upstairs to change. Make sure you know where your car is parked (at 10am it's empty but at 3pm it's hoaching!). There's an Evan's cycle shop inside.

There is a football game on the 20th at Ibrox which in my experience can cause the Inchinnan Rd to be busy on return - best just to cycle on the pavement for a little bit. If the return was via Pollok Park the same problem would be encountered on Drumbreck Rd back towards Xscape.

The coffee shop at Lochwinnoch i think is called "The Junction" if we use it (pretty decent IIRC) - remember to bring bike lock! Also shops in Lochwinnoch for anyone needing to stock up. There's also a humungous Morrisons beside the cycle path at Elderslie which would have a cafe.

after todays result, maybe best to watch out for the pitchforks and rent a mob:laugh:

Reactions: GBC
I'd love to come along on what looks like a nice route, - let me see if I can find a stand in for the kids club that Saturday.

Stu

Col5632

Guru
Am going to say maybe just now but it`s bordering on not making it, meant to be on a all day session in the pubs on the 20th..will see closer to the time

WHAT!!! You mean to say you might not make a cycle :laugh:

I'm wanting a wee look in Evans anyways so might arrive early and take a wee look, although it might not be a great idea, me + new bike = debt :laugh:

D

Deleted member 20519

WHAT!!! You mean to say you might not make a cycle :laugh:

I'm wanting a wee look in Evans anyways so might arrive early and take a wee look, although it might not be a great idea, me + new bike = debt :laugh:

You've got a new bike? :O

Seamab

Mr seamab did i pass you the other day, it was at the traffic lights on the road works between dollar and muchkart? you were stopped at the lights and i was heading for a personal best up that climb

Yes Mr. Tug i think that was me! I thought you looked familiar. PITA those blasted roadworks - they started in early Aug. Most of my routes go out that way. Hoping they'll be finished soon. Seems to be an anti slip surface they are painstakingly applying?

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I think if we take it at a gentle pace, and stop for some cake, the football traffic should be more or less absent when we get back.

Updated OP with provisional attendance list.

Can somebody contact the facebook people and let them know this is happening?

Col5632

Guru
I think if we take it at a gentle pace, and stop for some cake, the football traffic should be more or less absent when we get back.

Updated OP with provisional attendance list.

Can somebody contact the facebook people and let them know this is happening?

Sounds like a plan to me :thumbsup:

I can ask John, Stewart and Mark but thats all i have on Facebook i think :shy:

Top Bottom