Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse Three Ferries Saturday 21st March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not sure I have my climbing legs just yet... though I did deliberately go up and down a (tiny) hill near my flat the other day a couple of times so I can say I've been doing hill repeats! :laugh:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
What about fuzzy haired mountain bike riders, on another note my friend Sammy might tag along as well (I told him it's OK so blame me if its not) and he's looking forward to the ride as well.
Mountain bikes (and bikers) are a different matter, and I believe there are such things as mountain bike races, hurtling up :okay: & down:surrender: mountains ... anybody every heard of 'hybrid races'. :tongue::laugh:

The more the merrier as far as I am concerned, welcome Sammy! :okay:

Brandane

Legendary Member
PARKING AT WEMYSS BAY STATION.
For anyone planning on parking at Wemyss Bay (@MikeW-71 and others?), there are currently renovation works going on at the train station, and part - if not all - of the pay and display car park has been closed off. There is an alternative car park on waste ground across from the BP petrol station just north of the station on the A78. I think they charge £5 per day. There is limited on street parking available on the A78 near the ferry terminal. There might technically be a waiting restriction, but nobody bothers about that since the council no longer employs traffic wardens! It shouldn't be too busy tomorrow next Saturday morning anyway as there are no events of note on Bute this next weekend, other than the CC Ecosse ride of course :okay:.

Suitably edited now that I have worked out when this ride is actually happening. :blush:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
PARKING AT WEMYSS BAY STATION.
For anyone planning on parking at Wemyss Bay (@MikeW-71 and others?), there are currently renovation works going on at the train station, and part - if not all - of the pay and display car park has been closed off. There is an alternative car park on waste ground across from the BP petrol station just north of the station on the A78. I think they charge £5 per day. There is limited on street parking available on the A78 near the ferry terminal. There might technically be a waiting restriction, but nobody bothers about that since the council no longer employs traffic wardens! It shouldn't be too busy tomorrow morning anyway as there are no events of note on Bute this weekend, other than the CC Ecosse ride of course :okay:.

Do you know if they will be done by next weekend?

Top Bottom