CC'ers spotted on the commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangid

Guru
Yup, that was me, I think we both then headed down the A1301, but I don't like taking the right fork at Anstey Hall.

Tough indeed, was certainly my slowest ride for a while!

Yes, I head down there and then back in over Granham's, relieves the stress of the day nicely. The right turn is a tad tricky, potholes, parked cars, not sure why I do it over the alternative. added to that I nearly got taken out by a lady coming out of Bidwells, anchors on, loud scream, and she didn't even react ....

The whole down and up from Grantchester always feels a lot more tricky than it should be, I'm taking some of the bends ridiculously slowly at the moment, felt the back wheel slipping a few times recently.

Stephen C

Über Member
Yes, I head down there and then back in over Granham's, relieves the stress of the day nicely. The right turn is a tad tricky, potholes, parked cars, not sure why I do it over the alternative. added to that I nearly got taken out by a lady coming out of Bidwells, anchors on, loud scream, and she didn't even react ....

The whole down and up from Grantchester always feels a lot more tricky than it should be, I'm taking some of the bends ridiculously slowly at the moment, felt the back wheel slipping a few times recently.

I really don't like that bit of road past Bidwells, and the turn onto the main road was a bit tricky, the alternative is slower, short traffic lights, but takes some of the stress out of it. Nearly been taken out a few times at the Granham's turning coming off the bridge, some people just don't look properly.

I'm definitely slower around the turns from Grantchester, I used to take the tight corners at over 20mph, but the combination of rain, mud and leaves has made me a lot more cautious.

I didn't get the chance to review this entire thread, so I apologize if I'm repeating someone, but I had the pleasure of cycling in Amsterdam and loved the experience of lining up with brothers and sisters at red lights, 15+ sometimes. In the five years I've been cycling in the Vancouver area (between Langley and Surrey), I've stacked with only one other CCer, and this occurred only twice. The thing is, though, that we all ride at similar speeds so there would be very little closure with CCers going in the same direction. What funny, when I do drive to work on occasion (not by choice), I get so bloody envious of the CCers I spot! Lucky buggers!

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Nearly home this morning in the cold rain when I caught up with @YahudaMoon on the Ashton by-pass. He was fairly shifting as he was late for work but we rode side by side all the way along the roundabouts having a good chinwag :thumbsup:

Ha ha

Clocked you stuck at TL, couldnt stop, mad rush for work

So it was full pelt as my lights were on green, so didnt expect seeing you again, until you casually pulled along side me while talking casually, sorry I didnt say much but I was so out of breath I could hardly speak lol

What were you doing with no head wear on in freezing cold conditions, not to mention the rain? you mad man :smile:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
^_^ day off, was on my way to Richmond pk and was stopped at the lights wandsworth bdg rd/kings rd and @arallsopp cruises past (if you haven't seen him ride he looks so relaxed ) but he didn't hear me call

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
^_^ day off, was on my way to Richmond pk and was stopped at the lights wandsworth bdg rd/kings rd and @arallsopp cruises past (if you haven't seen him ride he looks so relaxed ) but he didn't hear me call

I was on my way to work. US client base means late nights and deferred starts. Perfect for dropping the kids off to school, sitting down to breakfast it's the wife, then pootling in mid morning :smile: Sorry to miss you TC.

Reactions: gaz

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Dont you get bored of Richmond park?

can't get enough of it, Cancellara corner, bastard hill the ballet school plus the run back along the river is a rush

and it's the perfect place to learn to ride fixed :bicycle:

Last edited:

musa

Über Member
can't get enough of it, Cancellara corner, b****** hill the ballet school plus the run back along the river is a rush

and it's the perfect place to learn to fixed :bicycle:
Wow your good i can't do more two laps on a good day. Best place to learn fixed is on the roads. How you getting on? I miss the days of fixed

Top Bottom