CD giveaway.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I threw away all the CD boxes but kept the disk and sleeve notes, these are in the loft and saved 75% of the space.

D

Deleted member 26715

The problem is that most people have got so used to the idea that digital = free that it is becoming harder to sell things in the way they used to be sold.
But that is part of the problem, they 'Record companies & Film Studios' didn't move with the times, they were so far behind the technology & to a degree are still playing catchup.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Only 25 CD's left, from about 300 this morning :smile:. Fragile by Yes is not among the leftovers! Surprised to find that Texas greatest hits wasn't taken, also The Bluebells (being a great Scottish band), Roxette, Leo Sayer greatest hits, Paul McCartney compilation, XTC singles collection, and a few others less surprising.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My good deed for today.
Having now finished copying my CD collection to computer, I had 300+ CD's cluttering my living room.
Charity shops? Closed.
Sell on ebay? Too much faff for not much reward.
Sell to musicmagpie or any other on-line buyer? Not when they are offering about 17 to 20 pence for each CD..

My solution is to put them out on the pavement outside my house in big cardboard boxes, displayed so titles can be seen, and a sign inviting people to help themselves. Footfall along my street isn't very high just now, but will wait and see what happens. Some kind local might advertise it on FaceBook for me, I will enquire - but not a FB'er myself. While putting them out, a local elderly lady (must be well into her 70's) came by, and is now away with a 7 CD 80's collection, a 7 CD 70's collection; Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, and Grease soundtrack. She was delighted, which has made my day. :smile:
Well into her 70s..... bloody hell, that is old :wacko:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Only 25 CD's left, from about 300 this morning :smile:. Fragile by Yes is not among the leftovers! Surprised to find that Texas greatest hits wasn't taken, also The Bluebells (being a great Scottish band), Roxette, Leo Sayer greatest hits, Paul McCartney compilation, XTC singles collection, and a few others less surprising.
If that's "Fossil Fuel" I'll give you postage costs for it!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It is indeed "Fossil Fuel"!
If you PM me your name and address I'll pop it in the post (assuming I can find a shop that's open to sell me a suitable envelope).
My privacy settings mean I'll need to "follow" you to receive PM's.
Hi @Brandane
I've tried to send you a PM, but they appear to be blocked, even if I follow you - I don't know if you have to initiate it so I can reply.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
You should keep hold of them, they may come back like vinyl and command a huge price.

Jimidh

Veteran
Good on you but I do hope that you don’t regret it later.

A good few years ago I boxed up all my CDs ( about a thousand) and stored them up in the attic as I was always streaming music.

About a year ago I realised that I missed putting on a CD or a record. I then set up a turntable and a CD player in our wee spare room and now I escape up there and explore all my old music collection. Maybe i’m just getting old!

Top Bottom