celebrating not smoking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyPeace

Well I would not have thought it possible, yet here it is... Yep I've quit. No big drama, no cold sweats, no bad mood swings, no avoiding alcohol or caffine, no avoiding smokers, no curling up in a corner and knawing through limbs- just an immense feeling of pride, a lot of laughing at how stupid I've been and a feeling of excitement, like the same level of excitement as to getting a new bike! HAPPY DAYS!

Keith Oates

Janner
Not only have you given a boost to your overall health but also given a boost to the money in your pocket. Well done and now just make sure you don't slip back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
AndyPeace

AndyPeace

I'd hate to slip back but from my current viewpoint I can't see it happening. I'm of the school that ciggerates bring no real pleasure, they just relieve the withdrawal from the last ciggerate smoked. Having broke that cycle and accepted the above as true there is no desire for me to smoke. I am no longer a slave being ordered about by nicotine. Lol I am not a smoker, I am a free man!

nappadang

Über Member
good work fella!! Health wise, it is without doubt the best thing I ever did. you will not regret it, well done!!!

Ganymede

Veteran
Mr G gave up overnight (long ago). It works because you have de-programmed yourself. Good for you!

I have a friend in America who can "cure" smokers in 2 hours - and it's exactly that, de-programming. She gets people to think through their day, when they would smoke, then imagine to themselves how they would do it as a non-smoker. She uses a mixture of reason and hypnotherapy and is very successful at it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Fantastic !
Having never smoked and always thought it stank etc etc i cant see why people start , apart from mates all doing it but coming from a non smoking home and not giving a toffee about being with the in crowd i was never tempted so why do people smoke to start with ?
Its not a dig at the OP or anyone , i just would like to know ?

Top Bottom