Celebrating Vernon - An invitation: Saturday 7 May 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
For Vernon..
20160507_160518.jpg

GM

Legendary Member
I've just spent the day with a lovely bunch of people. Thanks Reg, you're a star! :okay:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Vernon Levy Celebration Ride, Midwestern United States Version 3.14

The trees kind of create a horizon

26270065844_9ca29a0a79_h.jpg

Since we are breaking down the glass wall today, I photographed the participants in today's ride.

26271211433_bf91bccb07_m.jpg

Gravity Aided.

Some nice bicycle trails in these parts. Also used for running, dog walking, and mindless stumbling about.

26271203023_6636b5a8f2_b.jpg

Nice wide spaces, room to contemplate or just listen to the wind.

26271208823_423f086c3a_h.jpg

I thought Vernon might find it interesting that this trail follows the line of the original railway through these parts.

26270069004_7b0bccbc26_m.jpg

In terms of pie, I made a peccadillo for lunch, but it did not photograph well, so I ate it.

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Sorry I couldn't make it but from down here in Eastbourne it was just too far. I hope that those of you that did manage to go had a good day and remembered
Vernon in an appropriate way. You certainly had great weather if it was the same as down here.
I came from Deal in Kent and @User13710 from Brighton and @Dayvo came over just for this from Norway.

Distance is no matter.

Hill Wimp

Vernon Levy Celebration Ride, Midwestern United States Version 3.14

The trees kind of create a horizon

26270065844_9ca29a0a79_h.jpg

Since we are breaking down the glass wall today, I photographed the participants in today's ride.

26271211433_bf91bccb07_m.jpg

Gravity Aided.

Some nice bicycle trails in these parts. Also used for running, dog walking, and mindless stumbling about.

26271203023_6636b5a8f2_b.jpg

Nice wide spaces, room to contemplate or just listen to the wind.

26271208823_423f086c3a_h.jpg

I thought Vernon might find it interesting that this trail follows the line of the original railway through these parts.

26270069004_7b0bccbc26_m.jpg

In terms of pie, I made a peccadillo for lunch, but it did not photograph well, so I ate it.
You were with us in spirit @Gravity Aided :okay:

@l
Such a brilliant day and so lovely to meet so many of you good CC peeps. Thanks so much Reg for organising everything so perfectly - and hope you all get/ got home ok. Must admit to the odd prosecco induced wobble on my ride home, but made it back just about in one piece. Here's a few pics of a lovely day with great company ...

View attachment 127588

View attachment 127590

View attachment 127594

View attachment 127595
Me and @Hill Wimp are waiting for the train to leave. Going to be a late one :ohmy:
Thanks @Dayvo for last minute chaperoning :girl:

robjh

Legendary Member
A lovely day, really nice to meet some familiar CC names in the flesh and get to know others better, and a big thanks to @User for organising the get-together.
Oh, and @hopless500 wet my blanket.

lurking by the cheese shop
20160507_130557.jpg

lounging in the park
20160507_141818.jpg

the hard core
20160507_193525.jpg

Hill Wimp

Today has been a huge sucess with thanks largely to @User but also to everyone that was able to attend. It was supposed to be a meet up with Vernon but sadly events turned in a different direction for him. I was lucky enough to meet him a couple of times but i feel sure he would have thoroughly approved of todays gathering and would be very chuffed that we had gathered in his memory. As a result of the days sucess future CC picnics have been spoken about in numerous locations both in the UK and Norway ,@Stephenite beware;), so that all can be included. So here is to a fantastic day and the future of the CC picnic:cheers:

TVC

We are home. Thankyou @User for shepherding us through the streets of Cambridge and playing the perfect host.

We made it to the gig with no trouble parking. The Icicle Works came on stage at 8pm and left at 10.45, they tore through their catalogue and put on a great show. We are now deaf, and have found that for some reason Leicester is drunk... not sure why :whistle:

A perfect day with good friends, good laughs, good pies and live music. I hope Vernon would have approved.

Top Bottom