Celebrating Vernon - An invitation: Saturday 7 May 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will be up much later today.

TVC

[QUOTE 4268829, member: 45"]Can we do a Bristol get-together? I'd have loved to have been there today but it would have been a pig to get to. I'm sure we can find a pie shop.

Or Cardiff, Cheltenham, Swindon, anywhere really where a good few of us could get to.[/QUOTE]
Do it. The best bit of yesterday is that it wasn't about the bikes, it was about people who swap stories and banter within the anonymity of an internet forum getting together and getting to know each other for real.
Everyone I met for the first time in Cambridge was warmer, funnier and more approachable than I could have wished.

Organise it, people will come, and be grateful that you took charge so they didn't have to.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[QUOTE 4268829, member: 45"]Can we do a Bristol get-together? I'd have loved to have been there today but it would have been a pig to get to. I'm sure we can find a pie shop.

Or Cardiff, Cheltenham, Swindon, anywhere really where a good few of us could get to.[/QUOTE]
That would be nice.... This weekend I couldn't have gone to Cambridge due to other plans!

Lullabelle

Banana
We didn't crawl into bed until about 3am so not sure why we are both awake :scratch:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well, that was a day and a half! It was fantastic to meet everyone, and a big thank you to everyone who travelled so far to be there.

The weather was glorious and I couldn't think of a better way of whiling away a few hours: good food, good wine, good company... and some eye candy in adjoining groups. @hopless500 and I have a similar taste in men!

I'm up for Leicester, Oxford or Norway next year :okay:

Mr R is delighted with his pink gin....

Leicester Oxford Norway..sounds like an upmarket trotters independent trading slogan.. @User

Top Bottom