Censorship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This site has a list of words that are banned. I'm not a huge fan of that, but it's not my site. It's the price of admission I am happy to pay. If you use a banned word, it will be replaced in the posting and you can see that immediately. Simple system, and it works.

But now there seems to be second class of words that can be replaced according to whims of the moderators. Can we have a list of words that each moderator doesn't like, so I can avoid my postings being edited to use phrases I would never use?

Oatmeal. Everything else is weird stuff designed to prevent self-gratification.
Last edited by a moderator: 5 minutes ago

It's a bit amusing, as I was making point about a weird, Victorian attitude to m*st*rb*t**n, and it seems to have been modified by someone who has the same weird, Victorian attitude.

I'm with you on this one. I've been forced to inadvertently say "shoot" a few times even though I'm a pacifist, albeit one with a foul mouth. Shoot just doesn't work. Look at:
1) I shoot you not.
2) You are shooting me.
3) Do you always drink that shoot?
4) I nearly shot myself when I saw that ghost.
5) How far can you shoot?
6) Waiter, can I please have one of those salads with croutons and shoot in it?
7) Horse-shoot. That's just plain cruel.
8) What sort of shoot is that you are shooting up with ?
9) Shoot knows where my car keys are.
10) There's lots of shoot on TV but none of it is violence related.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Yeah, I used the name Halfords the other day and it got changed to Halfrauds.

But in all seriousness, we are all grown ups right, the occasional minor profanities can co-exist can they not.

self-gratification artist has been on the list for some time. It's Shaun's preference and his site. Sometimes i don't even type the actual word but the modified one. Like; markymark is a complete daffodil. I actually typed daffodil. Although to be fair to him, I could have typed self-gratification artist too.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Camels Foot

self-gratification artist has been on the list for some time. It's Shaun's preference and his site. Sometimes i don't even type the actual word but the modified one. Like; markymark is a complete daffodil. I actually typed daffodil. Although to be fair to him, I could have typed self-gratification artist too.
But if you typed "masturbation" it would not have been changed. Nor is masturbator. self-gratification artist is, I guess, but that's a term of (often friendly) abuse.

True. I kind of like the randomness of it.
It's not random, though. It seems pretty clear: w*nk is slang, and a term of abuse. Masturbation is the correct english word for it. Same with daffodil. Don't mind the word being banned, but I hope I could help another female cyclist about how to avoid saddle sores, without her having to puzzle out botanical euphemisms.