Center Parcs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
We were there Feb half term with a family party ranging in age from 4 to 83. Mum's treat to mark a suite of family anniversaries.

As others say take a good lock and use it. In spite of reception handing out cycle security advice to lock bikes through both wheels and frame there's not a sheffield stand on the site. The wheelstands are fairly robust though and would take lot of effort to undo. We parked our bikes overnight at in the english fashion at 90 degrees to the design position and secured them with HD locks - no losses. As somebody else said ride carefully - others are totally unpredictable. A bell is a good idea.

If you ride down the main drive there's a good track off to the left about halfway down leading into forestry commission land from which you can also access Sherwood Pines. Too muddy snowy when we were there but had some really good rides on earlier visits.

The woodland awakening walk (early Sunday) is fantastic value; the warden was hugely knowledgable about dear, fungi etc. Night swimming outside and the jungle rapids are also highly reccomended provided you are a half decent swimmer. The on site catering is rather pricy but the Italian and Indian restaurants and the French cafe are excellent. Catering at the Jardin des Sport much less so. Mrs B and Bromptonette (16) also rated the Spa very highly.

And I'm still not sure whether my neice really did believe her dad was working Lions and Tigers on his circus skills course - he can almost juggle now though!

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
We went last Easter so cycling in the snow was fun :smile:

Indian restaurant best value
High ropes worst value.

Agree that the Dutch CP's are much better value and all seem to have that little bit extra. Snow Dome, Jungle with free roaming animals, etc.

saty

Agree that the Dutch CP's are much cheaper.:biggrin:. I have been to Port Zeeland CP's in Holland every summer for the last 3 years on the trot, my kids love it there.. Never been to a uk one as they are too expensive :smile:

I+1 for Zeelande CP. The sail boat hire I thought was a bargain. Big friendly keelboat - even the very-much-not-a-sailor Mrs.PM enjoyed a half-day on it.
Beach HUGE and nice sand also a short bike ride away. Nothing not to like about the place and we all preferred it to UK CP.

Only downside since we last went is kids are now older so the buffet place has gone from 2 adults + 1 child + 1 free younger child to 3 adults + 1 child doubling the price of eating there.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Piemaster said:
I+1 for Zeelande CP. The sail boat hire I thought was a bargain. Big friendly keelboat - even the very-much-not-a-sailor Mrs.PM enjoyed a half-day on it.
Beach HUGE and nice sand also a short bike ride away. Nothing not to like about the place and we all preferred it to UK CP.

Only downside since we last went is kids are now older so the buffet place has gone from 2 adults + 1 child + 1 free younger child to 3 adults + 1 child doubling the price of eating there.

A child at Sherwood Forest is under 16. Made for a very cheap weekend for us as we went from 4 adults to 3 + 1. :sad:

Uncle Mort said:
Piemaster - do you get the Hull-R'dam ferry when you go? It's a good deal if it's the 5 day thing, but we always end up going Zeebrugge - Hull for a longer (and much more expensive) trip.

PS I worship your user name. But don't tell Mrs Mort. :sad:

Yup, Rotterdam. But then I only live <mile from the terminal.
That actually makes Zeelande the shortest distance I've ever driven to go on holiday. Certainly less than Sherwood Forest CP and probably not much more than a daytrip to Bridlington or Scarborough.
Did look at a DFDS 2 sites over two week packages at CP in Holland but it meant driving up to Newcastle for the ferry, then back down to the parcs and I really didn't fancy it as I was breaking my continental driving cherry. Having been a couple of times now (went to a different parc last time) the driving doesn't bother me but still quite like ferry anyway as I find it a nice stressless start/end to the trip - unlike airports and flying.

OT: This evenings dessert was apple pie with lots of custard :tongue:. Name was pinched from one of my sons xbox games. And I like pie. A lot.

Top Bottom