Central Scotland Forum TdF ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TechMech

Is everyone aware that there is huge load of rain coming across the country for Sunday?

If this is the case then I think I'll be heading straight for Falkirk and parking the car there, as 20+ miles in the tipping rain will be enough fun for one day I think. :biggrin:

Jane Smart

The Queen
Yes I had heard that, my pals think I am bonkers, you on the other hand will find out I am on Sunday :biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
TechMech said:
Is everyone aware that there is huge load of rain coming across the country for Sunday?

If this is the case then I think I'll be heading straight for Falkirk and parking the car there, as 20+ miles in the tipping rain will be enough fun for one day I think. :biggrin:

Just back from a week in London. Did you all miss me? Didn't think so!

TechMech, might be a wise decision if it does indeed chuck it down. You should have my mobile number so text me if you decide to start from Stirling. I'll be making my own decision on Sunday too.

Jane Smart

The Queen
If anyone is starting from Falkirk, I still would appreciate anyone meeting me at some point, to follow them to the Falkirk High. I am driving as not good enough yet to cycle then join you all. Please send me a pm if you are driving, my sense of direction is crap ;)

scook94

Veteran
We'll all be starting from Falkirk, or at least the TdF part. Where will you be leaving the car? I'm sure someone can swing by wherever and meet you before going on to Falkirk High...

ACS

Legendary Member
Given the weather forcast who will be digging out their wellingtons with cleat adaptors? Love to join you for this one, have a good one I hope the weather breaks and the sun shines on you all.

TechMech

Jane Smart said:
Leaving car at Falkirk High;)

At the train station car park yes? If it's free and no one's gonna clamp me then that's where I'll be heading too ;) (assuming of course it's raining bad, otherwise I'm gonna be cycling from Stirling with Steven.)

Seamab

For some reason i thought this run was last Sunday - why i don't know. Must be losing whatever little there is left to lose...

I'm off on holiday for a few weeks to Orkney tomorrow (taking the bike) and hope to get a few runs in.

So best wishes for the weather on Sunday - hope all goes well.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
So that's ...

HJ
Scook94
Scoosh
Jane
Techmech
Touche
Bhoyjim
Lazyfatgit

Back from week's hols not 1 hr ago and am going to have to call off :smile:
Many reasons, amongst them the mighty rain due tomorrow, family stuff, garden stuff ....... (nothing to do with having missed the TdF today :biggrin:)

Hope the weather people are all wrong and it's a glorious day tomorrow. :bravo:

[with TechMech knowing where he's going and HLaB not having his GPS, you should be finished by 1900 :biggrin:]

lazyfatgit

I was planning on riding to Falkirk, but given the weather forecast i'll be taking the train to Larbert. Train should arrive there 10:01, giving me time to get the 4 miles to Falkirk High.

Top Bottom