Central Scotland Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
D-Rider said:
OK guys - getting a bit last minute I know but any room for one more?

HLab has given me a bit of encouragement on another thread but be warned I'll be the slow one on the MTB so - honestly - feel free to say no!

Do you think so........... I think there may one or two who may have something to say about that. :wacko:

[page 11 amended]

Tetedelacourse

scoosh said:
HLaB, I understand you are cycling from Dunfermline on Sunday. Would the offer of a pick-up somewhere around the FRB appeal ? Could easily swing by that way en route to Liligow. In front of the Travelodge by McD's ? 0945 ?

I should warn/caution you that I will have Goo Mason with me too. :wacko:

Ere I'd happily take you up on that offer Scoosh if there's room in the scooshmobile. And I'll get in come rain hail or shine i.e. there's no chance of me cycling all the way to the start line!! If that's acceptable to you I'll see you at 0945 on Sunday at the travelodge.

Depending on how the ride goes and wind direction, I may cycle home.

D-rider of course you should come, never mind getting permission from anyone on here. You'd be made to feel welcome and don't worry about being left behind, trust me it will not happen.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Tetedelacourse said:
Ere I'd happily take you up on that offer Scoosh if there's room in the scooshmobile. And I'll get in come rain hail or shine i.e. there's no chance of me cycling all the way to the start line!! If that's acceptable to you I'll see you at 0945 on Sunday at the travelodge.

Depending on how the ride goes and wind direction, I may cycle home.
Hey, the Scooshmobile is getting popular :wacko:

I have a rack on the towknob for 3 bikes - mine, goo and ........ 1 other. [thinks] Hmmm, to whom should I show the favour of a lift from SQ [unthinks]

If one of you (Tete/HLab) can remove a wheel and shorten your bike a bit, I can maybe fit it into the back with 1/3 of the seat folded down - it's a LR Disco, so there is a possibility. I'll need to do some measuring tomorrow ....

Tetedelacourse

a-ha ok well since HlaB got in first then I'll make alternative arrangements, unless he definitely isn't going to take you up on the offer. No worries.

JonoB

Über Member
Room for one more fatbloke?

If there is room for one more fatbloke then count me in. I may cycle along the canal from Broxburn to meet you at Linlithgow depending on the weather. Hope to see you there.

Tetedelacourse said:
a-ha ok well since HlaB got in first then I'll make alternative arrangements, unless he definitely isn't going to take you up on the offer. No worries.

If the weather is anything like today (lunch time) I'll cycle :sad: since I'm undecided you might aswell book the space if scoosh doesn't mind. Fingers crossed for good weather. Met check says 20mph wind and showers; I'd better give myself plenty of time. If somebody bonks (Ooer) half way on the forum ride it'll be me, at least I'll be blown home.

D-Rider

Grand - see you on Sunday. I'll probably be on the train although might just decide to drive depending how I feel on the day.

Actually, what's the story with these trains - do you just turn up with bike or do you need to pre-book?

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scoosh said:
Hey, the Scooshmobile is getting popular :blush:

I have a rack on the towknob for 3 bikes - mine, goo and ........ 1 other. [thinks] Hmmm, to whom should I show the favour of a lift from SQ [unthinks]

If one of you (Tete/HLab) can remove a wheel and shorten your bike a bit, I can maybe fit it into the back with 1/3 of the seat folded down - it's a LR Disco, so there is a possibility. I'll need to do some measuring tomorrow ....

At this rate yous will need a trailer ;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Tete/HLaB:
I'll be @ Travelodge in SQ for 0945. If you want a lift, be there then - or be 20 mins down the road on the way to Liligow ! ;)

I've measured the available length in the back and there are 130cm, so if you can take wheel(s) off to fit, we can all get in :blush::biggrin:.

D-Rider said:
Grand - see you on Sunday. I'll probably be on the train although might just decide to drive depending how I feel on the day.

Actually, what's the story with these trains - do you just turn up with bike or do you need to pre-book?
You don't need to book on the Fife line and I never needed to book when I took the Bathgate line; I think its only the Long Distance trains you need to book.
What about cycles?
Cycles are carried free of charge on ScotRail services, although reservations are required on longer distance ScotRail routes.
What about Cycle Reservations?
Space to carry cycles is often limited and advance reservations are compulsory on some services. Passengers should check before travelling. Cycle reservations can be made when booking your ticket(s) on 08457 55 00 33.

This page gives more info.

ACS

Legendary Member
Anyone got an inshore skippers ticket 'cause if this wind keeps up I'm thinking of fixing a spinnaker to my bike and learning how to tack. 32 mph westerly whipping up the top soil off the fields so it was like training in a sand storm. At least it only rained for the middle section.

Looking good for the weekend. :wahhey:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Oooh! The lastest metcheck forecast is looking better. No rain and the winds are dropping. Another day or so and it will be a scorcher no wind and 20C! Trust me!:wahhey:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
Oooh! The lastest metcheck forecast is looking better. No rain and the winds are dropping. Another day or so and it will be a scorcher no wind and 20C! Trust me!:biggrin:

What's the "Magnatom's Knee" forecast saying ? Scorcher of a day ? :wahhey:

Fighting off the threat of a cold right now so that I'm fit for Sunday. Really looking forward to a weekend ride with good company.

Top Bottom