Central Scotland Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Yes

Speicher

Vice Admiral
goo_mason said:
Here's the unofficial team portrait (though I'd love to see the one that the toddler took of us all on her Fisher Price camera !):

3395358183_930133707f_b.jpg

There are a another couple of shots here on Flickr.

magnatom said:
I'm pretty sure no-one would mind.

In Goo's photo it is

Hairy Jock, HLaB, D-Rider, Magnatom, Tech Mech, (hidding) BhoyJim, lazyfatgit, scoosh, Tetedelacourse, Satans Budgie

I think!:biggrin:

I have put them together to make it easier for me.

TechMech

It was good to meet you all. I had a great day out as well guys and gal :smile: despite the vertical inclines! The downhill section was awesome, and almost made it all worth it.

I have to say a big thank you to Hairy Jock for staying back with me and encouraging me up the hills. I'm sure i spoiled your cycle mate, but cheers for not leaving me behind :biggrin:

I think i'd better shed some pounds stones before even thinking about attempting another ride like that :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Speicher said:
Lovely pictures, and it sounds like you all had a wonderful day. Unless some people object, could some very kind person tell us who is who in one of the pictures. Thank you ever so. ;)
errrrr..... hang on ........

I OBJECT ! :biggrin: :laugh:

ooops ! ..... too late :laugh:

ACS

Legendary Member
TechMech said:
It was good to meet you all. I had a great day out as well guys and gal :laugh: despite the vertical inclines! The downhill section was awesome, and almost made it all worth it.

I have to say a big thank you to Hairy Jock for staying back with me and encouraging me up the hills. I'm sure i spoiled your cycle mate, but cheers for not leaving me behind ;)

I think i'd better shed some pounds stones before even thinking about attempting another ride like that :biggrin:

Another vote of thanks to HJ even if I was to dead in the saddle to chat as he glided up the hills and to Scoosh for his most welcome words of encouragement.

On reflection and IMO I feel that if cycle clubs had the same sense of camaraderie, understanding and empathy as I was shown by the CC group I felt very much part of on Sunday their membership books would be bursting at the seams.

To one and all a heartfelt thanks

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
TechMech said:
It was good to meet you all. I had a great day out as well guys and gal :smile: despite the vertical inclines! The downhill section was awesome, and almost made it all worth it.

I have to say a big thank you to Hairy Jock for staying back with me and encouraging me up the hills. I'm sure i spoiled your cycle mate, but cheers for not leaving me behind :laugh:

almost ???? It's the only reason we cycle up hills - to come down them - and that was a goood down :biggrin:

[mischevious mode]I think HJ only stayed with you 'cos he couldn't go any faster [unmischevious mode]I kept looking back to see if you needed a 'buddy' ... but he had beaten me to it ;)

I think i'd better shed some pounds stones before even thinking about attempting another ride like that
... but you made it this time, so you can do it again, with or without the pounds off :laugh:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hey, Dayvo !
I got my pedals back :laugh: from Tete yesterday.

When do you need them this year ? :biggrin:

Hang on a moment! Gal?

Who was she? I saw someone in shorts in the photo, but is she a forumer, or just a photo gate-crasher?
There be deep and dangerous waters there, matey :laugh:

That be D-Rider, whom you might get to meet at this year's PfS, depending on knees, birthdays (significant ;)), etc.......

scoosh said:
Hey, Dayvo !
I got my pedals back :smile: from Tete yesterday.

When do you need them this year ? :biggrin:

There be deep and dangerous waters there, matey :laugh:

That be D-Rider, whom you might get to meet at this year's PfS, depending on knees, birthdays (significant ;)), etc.......

And pedals!

Hello scoosh!

Yes, once again, thanks for the loan, although I only had them for 24 hours. Tet must have had them for 24 weeks! :laugh:

Yeah, I hope to be over for the PfS; could be quite a few of us!

And yes, hopefully! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

TechMech said:
It was good to meet you all. I had a great day out as well guys and gal :biggrin: despite the vertical inclines! The downhill section was awesome, and almost made it all worth it.

I have to say a big thank you to Hairy Jock for staying back with me and encouraging me up the hills. I'm sure i spoiled your cycle mate, but cheers for not leaving me behind ;)

Ah, but the best way to shed the pounds is to go on CC rides!:laugh:

I've been where you were. The last ride I was on was a killer (on my go slower, very heavy hybrid). It's all about keeping the legs turning at whatever rate you an manage. You did well and I can see you racing at the front in the future! :smile:

I did try and hanging at the back a bit, but I must admit the new bike was itching to be stretched ..... :laugh: :smile:

D-Rider

Dayvo said:
Hang on a moment! Gal?

Who was she? I saw someone in shorts in the photo, but is she a forumer, or just a photo gate-crasher? ;)

OK, I know the photos don't show me in my best light but.... I is a burd! :blush: ;)

Top Bottom