Cero AR24 / AR30 Wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Review on road.cc
http://road.cc/content/review/148314-cero-ar24-wheelset
They do sound tempting for the price.

I bought a pair of these, from Planet X, in Worsbrough

Sadly they're not listed there anymore, but were on the website at £199, but I paid £149 in the shop! (Evans link instead)

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/vision/team30-wheelset-ec060711

They roll superbly, seem unphased by potholes, they even sparkle nicely in headlights at night
The only downside is a slight tendancy to catch side-winds

Componants. Wheels. Vision Team 30. 1.JPG Componants. Wheels. Vision Team 30. 2.JPG

Lig87

Hi, I took delivery of the Cero AR24 wheelset yesterday and got them straight on the bike. First impressions are great for the price, I also was going to go with the Zonda's until I saw the review on road.cc. I don't really have much to compare them to as this is my first road bike, it's a Cube Peloton 2013 which came with SHIMANO WH-501 wheelset as standard. After a little 15 mile blast last night with the new wheels on they definitely seem to roll more effortlessly than the 501's and the bike now feels more agile, there's defiantly less flex while climbing out of the saddle. As for any noticeable speed increase from having lighter wheels, I didn't notice any although there was a fair headwind for most of my ride last night so time will tell on that front.

They also look pretty good! Just as a side note I had to make a minor alteration to the provided spacer for my 9 speed SHIMANO cassette to fit correctly.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
One of those links just nearly cost me 1600 quid!

To explain - I found this on the Cycle Division website... Never visited that site before.
http://www.cycledivision.co.uk/prod...cludes_Ultegra_DI2_11SPD_Groupset-pid360.html

The wheels look quite good for the £ by the way :smile:

RegG

Über Member
Hi, I took delivery of the Cero AR24 wheelset yesterday and got them straight on the bike. First impressions are great for the price, I also was going to go with the Zonda's until I saw the review on road.cc. I don't really have much to compare them to as this is my first road bike, it's a Cube Peloton 2013 which came with SHIMANO WH-501 wheelset as standard. After a little 15 mile blast last night with the new wheels on they definitely seem to roll more effortlessly than the 501's and the bike now feels more agile, there's defiantly less flex while climbing out of the saddle. As for any noticeable speed increase from having lighter wheels, I didn't notice any although there was a fair headwind for most of my ride last night so time will tell on that front.

They also look pretty good! Just as a side note I had to make a minor alteration to the provided spacer for my 9 speed SHIMANO cassette to fit correctly.

Now that you've had the AR24 Cero's for nearly a year, what do you think of them? I am seriously considering them as an upgrade for my Giant PR2's......

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Now that you've had the AR24 Cero's for nearly a year, what do you think of them? I am seriously considering them as an upgrade for my Giant PR2's......

You'll be lucky if he replies. He hasn't been on the forum since just after posting.
But you never know.

RickB

professional procrastinator

Just stumbled across this thread - I have those wheels and although I havent done serious miles on them they are certainly worth the money. Light and seem to be well built. Noisy freewheel isnt to my liking though. Came with a free set of tyres which I didnt expect!

RegG

Über Member
Just stumbled across this thread - I have those wheels and although I havent done serious miles on them they are certainly worth the money. Light and seem to be well built. Noisy freewheel isnt to my liking though. Came with a free set of tyres which I didnt expect!

Thanks for the reply. When you say the 'noisy freewheel', how noisy is it because the current one on my Giant PR2 is pretty quiet.

Top Bottom