Certainly the Last one For the Road for Me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi moss
great bike almost got one of those but went for the cannondale synapse with sram apex ...it also had white tape but got the shop to change it as i knew it would be a pain to keep clean.. :laugh: and to break up all the black and white ...you can never have enough bikes mate.. :thumbsup: got 4 now and work has now joined cyclescheme.co.uk so poss adding soon.. :whistle:
bike stable 010.jpg cannondale
bike stable 008.jpg tourer
bike stable 004.jpg trek1000 now winter hack
bike stable 002.jpg cube mtb

OP
OP
M

Moss

hi moss
great bike almost got one of those but went for the cannondale synapse with sram apex ...it also had white tape but got the shop to change it as i knew it would be a pain to keep clean.. :laugh: and to break up all the black and white ...you can never have enough bikes mate.. :thumbsup: got 4 now and work has now joined cyclescheme.co.uk so poss adding soon.. :whistle:
[attachment=5529:bike stable 010.jpg] cannondale
[attachment=5530:bike stable 008.jpg] tourer
[attachment=5531:bike stable 004.jpg] trek1000 now winter hack
[attachment=5532:bike stable 002.jpg] cube mtb

The red H/bar Tape suits the Synapse perfectly, nice looking bike also like the Sram chainset.

GTTTM

your last one - at 63??

Someone took the shine off my achievements the other day by telling me the ride that I'd proudly completed (local area one) was on that her 75yr old father does every week (and it's short "just going out for a little spin" ride!!!)

Very nice bike

OP
OP
M

Moss

your last one - at 63??

Someone took the shine off my achievements the other day by telling me the ride that I'd proudly completed (local area one) was on that her 75yr old father does every week (and it's short "just going out for a little spin" ride!!!)

Very nice bike

Ah, it's all relative to the amount of training we do; and the level of fitness we achieve. I'm unfit at present, but hoping to improve with a miracle and some prolonged time!

theloafer

Legendary Member
The red H/bar Tape suits the Synapse perfectly, nice looking bike also like the Sram chainset.

hi moss
your fitness will improve just build up slowly mate..my club has a few semi retired riders 65-76 and meet twice mid week tue +thurs they cover 60 +miles and on sunday,s club run,s can be up to 80 mile+ :thumbsup:

yes i think the red additions make a great diff.. :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Moss

hi moss
your fitness will improve just build up slowly mate..my club has a few semi retired riders 65-76 and meet twice mid week tue +thurs they cover 60 +miles and on sunday,s club run,s can be up to 80 mile+ :thumbsup:

yes i think the red additions make a great diff.. :biggrin:

I'm just doing 20/25, mile rides at the moment, but even after just a few rides up on to the Beacons, I've noticed a difference in my fittness level; and an improvement in my cadance when spinning; and rhythm riding on the climbs.

But, with winter fast approaching, I'll be doing some long walks and the occasional ride out on the MTB? Unless Of-course - there's a possibility we should get some glorious sunshine throughout the winter months??? (very un-likely though) then I'd certainly venture out on the road bike again! Never going to get under the hour again anyhow!

RoyPSB

Über Member
Gorgeous bike Moss - enjoy it.

As we all know, the spec. and set-up are most important - but when it's as good looking as that it really is something to behold.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
That's a lovely bike. Have lots of fun with it.

OP
OP
M

Moss

Thanks Gentlemen,

I've done about 200, miles on it; and added some Shimano XT Trekking Pedals, (Clip In) and getting used to them very well. Maybe I'll get some road pedals and shoes next? Here's an up-dated photo with the XT pedals fitted.

PA030329.jpg

PA030330.jpg

PA030332.jpg

PA030327.jpg

wakou

Über Member
That is a mightily pretty bike. I am 50 and have only just got the cycling disease, I hope that in 13 years I will still have it and get a bike like that. I bought a bike today, and my father said "you're getting a bit too old for a racing bike" I am going to show him your post.

Top Bottom