Cervelo R Series Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

7000ft

Currently riding a 2018 R2 and getting the upgrade itch. Would you go for simply upgrading the components of the R2 (handlebars, seat post, groupset, etc) or spring for the new 2021 R-Series?
4DA7717E-CE7E-488D-8A47-BF2F73996043.jpeg

DRM

Guru
By upgrading it what would you want to improve over it’s current spec, ie easier gearing, making it lighter, etc what is the current spec, and more importantly how much are you willing to spend as upgrades can soon get out of hand

The bars look to be a nice ergonomic shape. Personally I would wait until the parts wear out before upgrading saddle, post, bars and stem.

Get some nice deep dish carbon wheels that go swish swish as you cycle along and go click click click when you freewheel?

Upgrading a Cervelo is a bit of a pointless thing to me as it is already high spec; it’s not like going from a Carrera to a Cervelo. On the other hand as others have said unless it want to modify it and make it a hill climber and therefore lose weight then it makes more sense.

Nebulous

Guru
No thoughts on the bike - that's outside my budget, although I would also like some deep carbon wheels to go swish. I read a recent review of a Cervelo Caledonia, and that would be more my scene.

However - I thought that was two photos! I'm thinking you can barely see the bike in that top photo, its more like a photo of the car, why has he posted that?

Top Bottom