Cervelo S2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex1982

my cervelo

Tried various colours but currently rocking the giro look

The stand is only balancing the bike so before anyone points this out, it was barely tightened

Attachments

• IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 76
With some new bar tape and a pair of different bottle cage holders that could be a handsome bike.
And oh, don't clamp the top tube like that.

midlife

Guru
Black and pink is an ok colour combo. I had a pink road bike with black first gen dura ace :smile:

And oh, don't clamp the top tube like that :smile:

OP
OP
A

Alex1982

Looking for s fizik pink saddle but not come across one yet

Haha, sorry must have forgot to mention the top tube balancing :laugh:

Think of osymetric rings but not sure if it would be a straight swap and then indexing the gears

S-Express

I think what people are trying to say is that it's fine to clamp the bike on the top tube, providing you only clamp with enough force to hold the bike steady, without over-tightening...

OP
OP
A

Alex1982

Yeah it's about using common sense and reasonable force. It's a carbon frame so very little force is more than enough. I use it for washing so usually put a between the frame and clamp.

toontra

Veteran
I roll some corrugated cardboard and a microfibre cloth around the top tube on my S2 and still only clamp quite loosely. I have an expensive conventional Park Tools workstand which is perfect for all my other bikes & I'm not going to shell out on another bottom bracket one just for the Cervelo (for reasons of space as much as money).

OP
OP
A

Alex1982

You can clamp it on the top tube but just have to be careful

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I often clamp my carbon bike via the top tube for washing (albeit with foam and rubber pads, and the frame is balanced so there shouldn't be uneven loads)... I had no idea it was a bad thing.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I like the pink but it does need a matching saddle. You do know you shouldn't really clamp it on the top tube like that, right?

Top Bottom