chain case for Brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mhtsd3

Was wondering if anyone knows of a chain case or some other solution for keeping my skirt free of the chainring on my beloved Brompton. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

chriscross1966

Über Member
If you mean something beyond the standard chainring guards then whilst I'm sure its been done, I've not seen one. The radical change in the geometry of the chain position as it folds makes it hard. If it were me I'd start with the front section of a Hebie Chainglider and cut it down a bit I guess. There's plenty if places online that sell them and the kind of good LBS that the older Brompton dealerships tend to be are likely to have seen them in action.

Has anyone attempted a conversion to belt drive? Not sure it would ever work with the reartriangle suspended.

12boy

Guru
The "lovely bike" blog spot had a post about the subject of riding with a skirt or dress. In the post she suggests a penny or larger coin plus a rubber band. You draw up the excess fabric and put a penny In the middle and twist it a bit then put the rubber band around the wad of penny-enclosed fabric. Looks something like knickers which are we Colonials call plus 4s or breaks. Might be worth a try, and is also a strategy to prevent your skirts being blown up ala the famous Marilyn Monroe photo.

chriscross1966

Über Member
It's a ruddy expensive option, mind...
Bits that fit on Brompton generally are

Top Bottom