Chain just coming off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Joe24 said:
I was in the gym today and did 40 reps of 150kg's on the leg press. Only another 40kg untill im doing the full stack of weights on that machine(only goes up to 190kg)
Mines is infact my sheer force in the legs;):laugh:
Im trying to decide whether to get a new frame(comes with carbon forks, and ill be getting headset, crankset, chain, stem handlebars, seatpin, bar tape) or to get a 2008 Giant Bowery.
The Giant Bowey is £110 cheaper, but the frame looks abit nicer and its got carbon forks.
It really is a hard decision to make:wacko:

what frame/forks :tongue:

bonj2

itboffin said:
well mine is because I'm old & too weak to tighten the nuts enough :tongue:

40 reps of 150kg - PHEW! you sir are mental, in the nicest possible way :laugh:

he means that one where you lie on your back with your shins raised and the flats of your feet against the pusher. right joe?
still 150kgs quite a lot especially for 40 reps

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
itboffin said:
well mine is because I'm old & too weak to tighten the nuts enough :tongue:

40 reps of 150kg - PHEW! you sir are mental, in the nicest possible way :laugh:

It was 10 reps, then 20 reps, then 10 reps, not 40 all in one go. So doesnt sound as good when put like that, but there wasnt much of a break between them. Didnt think it was bad to say i have only just started going and im 17.
Yep, you got the right machine, lieing back, and you push against a board and the seat moves.
The frame/forks are from Langdale Lightweights. Ive decided on this one, its their 'own' frame, can take full mudguards and a rack if i wanted aswell.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Radius said:
C'mon now Joe that's the easiest machine :laugh:

:tongue:
So what weight do you do then
I go on all the leg ones, except the ones where you open/close your legs, and the one where you lie flat on the thingy.
But, from you saying its the easiest and not putting a weight/saying you can do more i take it you cant

Radius

SHREDDER
You fell into that one. I would like to point out how you immediately assume I can't do anything in terms of weight (or at least that's how your post comes across). I also won't engage in 'manly man' arguments, cos I'm fast enough and will get faster (and am even faster at sprinting not on a bike), fit enough and will get fitter.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Radius said:
You fell into that one. I would like to point out how you immediately assume I can't do anything in terms of weioht (or at least that's how your post comes across). I also won't engage in 'manly man' arguments, cos I'm fast enough and will get faster (and am even faster at sprinting not on a bike), fit enough and will get fitter.

So basicly, you cant do more then me, even on the easiest machine?:laugh:
Im also getting faster, fitter and stronger. So where abouts is what your saying?
Come on, tell us what you can push on it

Radius

SHREDDER
Did I say I couldn't? There's no point in exchanging stats cos for all I know you could be lying, and vice versa. You're not god, did you know that? :laugh:

bonj2

Joe24 said:
The frame/forks are from Langdale Lightweights. Ive decided on this one, its their 'own' frame, can take full mudguards and a rack if i wanted aswell.

yeah get that
steel or alloy?
it's going to be fairly individual at least, can't see there being many of them around. probably loads of bowerys

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Radius said:
Did I say I couldn't? There's no point in exchanging stats cos for all I know you could be lying, and vice versa. You're not god, did you know that? :laugh:

Ill wack my phone out next time and film me doing it then, that can give you some time to go and try your hardest to push that:rolleyes:
Just admit you can only push 40kg:rolleyes:
:tongue::rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

_Ben_ said:
yeah get that
steel or alloy?
it's going to be fairly individual at least, can't see there being many of them around. probably loads of bowerys

My thoughts are this. The fixed(well now just a frame, but the old fixed) was original with the parts.
Plus i get some carbon with the Langdale frame:becool:
Its alloy with carbon forks.

bonj2

what can you do on the hamstring puller, the one where you sit with the resting position is your legs outstretched, and the crunch is to bring your feet down and in

OP
OP
J

Joe24

_Ben_ said:
what can you do on the hamstring puller, the one where you sit with the resting position is your legs outstretched, and the crunch is to bring your feet down and in

40/50kg on that, and do it 20 reps at a time. Problem i have is keeping my arse on the seat:wacko: I have both hands on the handle and im pulling down hard and i can sort of feel myself moving up. Am i doing something wrong or is it me being light? I think thats on the other one that you mean though, the one where you pull them up?
When we got shown around we went on that pull up one, which has the counter weight there. The guy weighed 80kg and put 60kg on. Everyone else in the group went on and it moved down, i went on and it hardly moved. I only weigh 63kgs:becool:

bonj2

Joe24 said:
40/50kg on that, and do it 20 reps at a time. Problem i have is keeping my arse on the seat:wacko: I have both hands on the handle and im pulling down hard and i can sort of feel myself moving up. Am i doing something wrong or is it me being light? I think thats on the other one that you mean though, the one where you pull them up?
When we got shown around we went on that pull up one, which has the counter weight there. The guy weighed 80kg and put 60kg on. Everyone else in the group went on and it moved down, i went on and it hardly moved. I only weigh 63kgs:becool:

50kg for 20 reps is quite hardcore.
i used to do 55 but only 10 reps. 20 reps at 40/45 ish.

don't know - pull down on the handle but maybe try and 'scoop' it? - let yourself rise up a bit but then give a massive pull on it. i don't know really, have to say i don't ever go to the gym nowadays i find it deathly boring.
I only ever really used to go to justify going in the steam room/sauna...:laugh:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Ah, not tried scooping. I pull on the handles hard, and it keeps me down, but i do have to pull hard.
I go in my free lessons when i have time, which is good because i would normally just be sat around in a common room or sat at home.
Not sure how long its going to last though. And whats funny is the amount of people with gym membership(mostly girls) in 6th form that dont go. :laugh:

Top Bottom