Chain links wont fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Ok I had to split a chain and have been trying to replace a link with a sram power link thing...only it clips on but I cant get it to slide in correctly so it doesnt fall apart when I turn the crank. Is there some trick to this ?

The mechs are all sachs huret which is the predessor of sram right?...have tried brut force with hammer and pliers but no joy:biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
Some (i can't remember which mine are) are swines to fit. Very very tight, which may be a good thing.
Make sure the side plates are clean and there are no particles of grit or muck making it wider than it should be...but that was a desperate measure for me :becool:
Sorry, not much else to offer ;)

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I've never yet used one of these power-link thingies. Mind you, I haven't moved beyond nine-speed as yet.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
If the link tightens (or snaps) into place by pulling the ends, put it upstream of the cassette, downstream of the chainring, and gingerly stand on the pedal. That should pull it into place.

If its doing something else, I've no experience with it ;)

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Thanks for helping out chaps! am off to lbs to get correct chain link

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

wel I went to carbon spesh arrogant lbs and was informed that 6 speeds were defunct ..anyway bought a 7 speed link..then did the kick seven bells of shoot out of the crank trick and clonk in it went..so its working now but there is no way I will ever be able to remove that link.

Top Bottom