Chain reaction... GRRRRR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cameronmu917772

Got a special rebuild on the go just now (my first proper bike 7years ago)
After stripping and writing my shopping list i went to my then trusted parts supplier (chain reaction cycles) and proceeded to cost parts up etc etc after finalising this list and a quick call to the company its self. Being reassured that the delivery time was 3-4 days but is normally a lot faster. great i thought the latest i would receive the parts would be saturday. Oh how i was wrong... i checked my account status a number of times over the said days to check the shipping status and by friday they were was not status. so a quick email and i got a reply assuring me it would be sent off asap. and on saturday i learnt that the parcel had been shipped. so i got in touch with my client and advised them it would be monday night they could pick there bike. the client being my little brother :P

Today i took my tracking number and called parcel force to enquire when the item would arrive and they advised me that it would be picked up today and delivered on wednesday. Great a week after i order the parts and after chain reaction lied about there shipping status. i have a young lad that is peeved to say the least and a large order floating about god knows where. every time i have ordered from them in the past i have been delighted but this time. not so much. anyone els have this problem or can recommend a more reliable supplier?

Thats my little rant over with... for now...
cheers
cameron

"every time i have ordered from them in the past i have been delighted but this time...", My bits from CRC are normally delivered in 24hrs but the one time I relied on it, it took a whole week. Sods law, but compared to others I have used CRC is above averagely quick,

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
at least they're coming - soon

1 recent order to 'tredz' have resulted in wrong parts/wrong size being sent twice
1 order sent wrong size inner tubes
then signed up for a £5 voucher against 2 tyres - no response to 2 emails

oh well, they just lost my order for the tyres, and all future business

PS
always had good service from CRC

vickster

Legendary Member
Tredz are pretty useless, they rarely have stock!

If you need something in a hurry, pay for express delivery (although that is no guarantee either, I did that with CRC as needed something delivered on a Saturday, but Royal Mail failed, and. CRC refunded the postage) or buy from the LBS if you can.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
I can imagine your frustration but try and look at it as a one off, a special cause if you like. You can do far far worse than CRC and IME they're hard to pick fault with over 95% of the time. Statistically, that's a good bet :-)

Sods law I think, as you say CRC are usually uber quick and way better than they use to be. I ordered something from them and realised it was the wrong item and phoned 2 hrs later to cancel it only to find it had shipped and it was there the following morning. For me Ribble are good although slower and sometimes they repackage the goods so they are smaller which annoys some people. Prendas again brilliant no issues at all with them. Evans are ok although if you want to return something they expect you to print the label off from an email which is a tad annoying if you have no printer.

BSRU

A Human Being
I find HighOnBikes is always super fast, usually receive the goods the next day.

vickster

Legendary Member
I generally use CRC, Wiggle, Evans or Sigma as they offer free returns via collect+ or in store. Good when buying clothes or on impulse as I quite often do :whistle: CRC and Wiggle especially good as you have up to a year to return unused stuff!

I'll also use Halfords if the price is right, especially with British Cycling discount.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
got my tredz £5 voucher - 9 hours after my midnight post.......wonder if they read CC...?

GREAT ----- will buy a black Madison Flux usual online RRP £18.95

WTF - their price is £24.98

.........................goodbye................................

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Bike 24 :thumbsup: - as long as your order is big enough for the savings to cover the carriage charges. Rose and Bike-Discount are very efficient too. They all give the UK suppliers big competition.

Top Bottom