Chain reaction... GRRRRR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kins

Über Member
Rose and Bike24 when they have free postage. Hard to beat, great customer service, just no free Sweets!

Tredz is near enough my closest big bike shop. Online they are crap but they have a good mechanic.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I well remember the days before the interweb. You'd cut out the coupon/order form, send it off and allow at least 28 days for delivery !
Them were the days (Not).

Kins

Über Member
LBS for me every time. They always have loads of stock in and if not they get it next day for me.

I would use my LBS but he's a bit of a recluse and only opens his doors when he wants to. Meant to be an ex team mechanic but has some mental health issue (don't we all) and although I ride past every day have only seen the shop open once. His workshop light is always on though. Other than that its 14 miles to next closest and I gave up driving so post helps me loads.

I had an odd experience with CRC. I ordered a cassette that I was going to install at a maintenance night. Something went wrong, and it wasn't dispatched in time. I wrote to cancel the order and request a refund which they said I'd get after the cancel could be processed, but some days later the item arrived. I sighed, went to halfords to get a chain whip etc, and learned how to replace a cassette from professor youtube. A couple of weeks later the refund arrived, which I accepted as the original delay had left me out of pocket.

I continued to use them after that :smile:

Top Bottom