Chain Reaction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I ordered a couple of Avid caliper mounts yesterday morning. £16 the pair, postage free.

They arrived today.

1st time I've used them. Can't complain!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Chain Reaction are very good. Some keen prices too.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I always use CRC these days as i find them quicker and cheaper than the "other " one.

Christmas week i ordered some brake pads and they came in 2 days, given the time of year i was mighty impressed!

Whereas the "other " online store took my money including extra for priority delivery and did not pick the item for 4 days even though it was in stock , not the same time of year so they had no excuses for it.Overpriced and slow .

I've had a really unsatisfactory experience with them this week. I ordered some parts (in stock) on Monday, before 2pm (3pm cut off for same day dispatch). 24 hours later, they were still processing. Dropped them a mail. 24 hours later (Wednesday), I got a "sorry for the delay" with no delivery date promised. So I replied that I wanted to cancel - I needed the part for Thursday night, so this wasn't going to happen. They wrote back with "We have requested your order to returned from our warehouse to be cancelled". No refund until that mysterious process is finished.

3 days later, order is still "processing" and no refund in sight - I used paypal, btw.

e-rider

crappy member
I've had a really unsatisfactory experience with them this week. I ordered some parts (in stock) on Monday, before 2pm (3pm cut off for same day dispatch). 24 hours later, they were still processing. Dropped them a mail. 24 hours later (Wednesday), I got a "sorry for the delay" with no delivery date promised. So I replied that I wanted to cancel - I needed the part for Thursday night, so this wasn't going to happen. They wrote back with "We have requested your order to returned from our warehouse to be cancelled". No refund until that mysterious process is finished.

3 days later, order is still "processing" and no refund in sight - I used paypal, btw.

a refund will take a while to go through. If you had funds in your paypal account it will be just a couple of days while CRC process it. If you paid via Paypal but used your card to fund paypal - there is a delay put in place to prevent fraud and you could be waiting a week or more.

did you pay extra for a special delivery service? standard free delivery isn't guaranteed for the next day!

CRC are generally very good. Every now and then they take a while to process items that are in stock - not sure why this is! Perhaps they are not really in stock and they wait a few days to get it from suppllier?

deanbmx

Über Member

exactly the same with me. its was dispatched 3 days after ordering....4 days after shipping still not received and crc don't seem interested

Oldgit

I've used CRC quite a bit but last time my card details were hacked resulting in some money going out of my account. When I phoned them they told me that their system had been live hacked over a period of 3 days. On asking why they hadn't informed customers who had ordered in this time that their details may have been compromised, I was told that they had informed the banks instead. If they had informed their customers then I would have cancelled my card immediately.
They did promise £30 in vouchers but they never materialised, wouldn't have used them anyway as I will not order from them anymore.
Shame really, up until then I couldn't fault their service.

a refund will take a while to go through. If you had funds in your paypal account it will be just a couple of days while CRC process it. If you paid via Paypal but used your card to fund paypal - there is a delay put in place to prevent fraud and you could be waiting a week or more.
I'm not panicking to get my money back, it's just clear from the email that they won't refund until the cancel is processed, I guess because they think the order may still be completed. So this leaves me stuck. If they don't hurry up, I may go to paypal complaints.
did you pay extra for a special delivery service? standard free delivery isn't guaranteed for the next day!

No - And I just checked, there is no other delivery option for the item I ordered. I wasn't looking for next day delivery, just same day dispatch as promised everywhere.
CRC are generally very good. Every now and then they take a while to process items that are in stock - not sure why this is! Perhaps they are not really in stock and they wait a few days to get it from suppllier?

No, it's more serious than that - especially as the deanbmx has the same problem.

5 days later and it's still "processing". No shipping and no cancel. Their loss of credit card details no longer seems surprising

deanbmx

Über Member
I did point out to them the bit on their website that states all in stock items ordered before 3pm will be shipped the same day.......not even an apology

Top Bottom