Chain Reaction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Whereas the "other " online store took my money including extra for priority delivery and did not pick the item for 4 days even though it was in stock , not the same time of year so they had no excuses for it.Overpriced and slow .

Just made a couple of orders, from the 'other' 2 stores, one was made Wednesday morn & paid for priority delivery as it something I needed for Mondays long ride (so needed to be here by today at latest)
The other items were ordered Thurs lunch time - Standard delivery.
Thursdays order arrived yesterday morning! Really hope the other one arrives today - I NEED that Chamois cream!
!

They say royal mail 1st class. If you haven't received it after 4 days, I don't think it's dispatched.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I've not had a problem with CRC but I do use paypal rather than card details, most items have turned up quickly and any returns/swaps have been processed very quickly.

When I started out I used Wiggle and quickly reached their platinum discount, but this only kept them competitive and not all the time. So I gradually moved over to CRC where the prices were much keener. But I've found CRC pricing has risen a lot this year, Wiggle have improved on some but I'm only at their gold discount level now and that can still leave them pricier than other options. On-One and Ribble have provided some of the best deals I've had, but depends on whether they have what you want etc.

One thing really bugging me at the moment is the amount that comes up on a search only to find, when you follow the link, that it's out of stock. CRC are also guilty of appearing cheap on a search but only for one particular size of an item. Or with things like STIs you find the cheap price is for a left lever only etc.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
One issue I find with CRC which actually does put me off using them is that their website is really slow, does anybody else get this problem?

I do, especially in the evening..
...One thing really bugging me at the moment is the amount that comes up on a search only to find, when you follow the link, that it's out of stock. CRC are also guilty of appearing cheap on a search but only for one particular size of an item. Or with things like STIs you find the cheap price is for a left lever only etc.

I totally agree with that! Also it is really annoying when they show the product and you click on it to find out it is out of stock.

I've had a really unsatisfactory experience with them this week. I ordered some parts (in stock) on Monday, before 2pm (3pm cut off for same day dispatch). 24 hours later, they were still processing. Dropped them a mail. 24 hours later (Wednesday), I got a "sorry for the delay" with no delivery date promised. So I replied that I wanted to cancel - I needed the part for Thursday night, so this wasn't going to happen. They wrote back with "We have requested your order to returned from our warehouse to be cancelled". No refund until that mysterious process is finished.

3 days later, order is still "processing" and no refund in sight - I used paypal, btw.

Update: the parts arrived the following Tuesday. I was pretty pissed off, and was going to send them back, but didn't bother in the end.

As I was getting the parts for a LCC maintenance night, which I missed because I didn't have them, and couldn't make it to the next one and the two after have been cancelled, the parts (cassette and chain) are still in the box. I've gone to Halfords to pick up the tools I need so youtube and I are going to learn to do the job ourselves this weekend.

But here's the kicker: Chainreaction have refunded my money! Their systems are so messed up that they don't seem to realise they fulfilled my order. Normally I'd feel guilty, but this has been such an inconvenience that I'm nearly OK with it.

Top Bottom