Chain removal tool, why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
MacB said:
;):ohmy::ohmy:faster to push it, no?

Not really, it is possible to keep up a faster than walking pace pedalling like that once you get rolling, it got tiring on the one leg though that did all the pedalling whilst the other just back pedalled, plus my bike was weighed down with all my tackle, akin to a fully laden tourer so a lot of effort would have gone into holding the bike upright, along with being encumbered with a heavy holdall round the neck, I was just glad to get home.

Davidc

Guru
I have one of these (not from this shop though) for the on-bike toolkit. It's very neat but I wouldn't want to put a pin back in with it (never tried so that's just from looking at it). I have a better one for use at home.

I also carry a SRAM powerlink in the kit. The idea is that if a link breaks it's easy to take it out and get home with the powerlink in its place. I've never in 50 years cycling had a chain break though!

SRAM say their powerlinks shouldn't be used with Shimano chains, but I tested it for 50+ miles last time I changed a chain and it worked perfectly.

Top Bottom