Chain tensioner issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
For the last little while I've been using my Bikegang triple sprocket 11-14-17 with 58 and 38 chainrings. Works well but I've noticed a popping sort of noise which goes away some when pedalling hard, and I wanted a few more gear inches than 85, so I put in a 177% SA hub wheel, which tops out at 95 gear inches or so. My thiught was after tightening the BB and the chainring bolts to no avail, it may be a sprocket getting worn. I've not noticed any creaking from the elastomer. Could be my SPDs so I might throw on some other pedals. Besides the taller gear inches, the sprocket on the SA is brand new so I thought I could use this to eliminate the sprocket as the culprit. When I put the one speed chain tensioner back on it didn't go on far enough to center the rigid jockey wheel over the sprocket. I "fixed" this by adding a little washer between the chain pusher and the jockey wheels. Runs well now but I can't lockdown the jockey wheel bolts so they could work loose.
Does anyone have any idea why the chain pusher does not go all the way on? The odd noise thing is really annoying but I've run out of ideas. As far as the chainpusher goes, l think maybe if I use the one for mutiple sprockets that may correct that issue.

Top Bottom