Chain Tugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colinr

Decided I need them after all, what to buy?

Was going to get the MKS ones but HubJub are out of allen bolt ones.

Surly Tuggnutt? How easy or not is aligning the wheel when it's only on one side?

Anything else to consider?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Which ever is smallest and least noticeable. You can just replace the bolt with a hex head surely?

Aligning wheel will be easy, because the nut on non drive side would tend to pull the wheel back and the drive side tend to push forward. If the drive side cant move forward you can simply hold the wheel straight and turn the nut tight on the non-drive side holding the wheel straight and not worryign about chain tension. Its holding it straight and tensioned that is difficult.

OP
OP
colinr

colinr

I looked at the Gusset ones but they look like the ones I had on the Bowery. They were absolute cack.
Might just put up with hex bolts and go MKS, they're very nice. The Surly is a bit bling for the build.

OP
OP
colinr

colinr

Pompino, so I don't wreck the Leader in the winter.
It's brown with almost sensible tyres and mudguards.

Pottsy

I have a Surly Tuggnut on one side on my Guv'nor. You only really need one on the drive side.

They're not the cheapest but they work well and look good on the right sort of bike. Also you just never know when you'll need a bottle opener
thumbsup.png

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I have a Surly Tuggnut on one side on my Guv'nor. You only really need one on the drive side.

They're not the cheapest but they work well and look good on the right sort of bike. Also you just never know when you'll need a bottle opener
thumbsup.png

If you think about it, the one on the non drive side does cock all. But some of us like symmetry even on things as asymmetrical as bikes.

OP
OP
colinr

colinr

If you think about it, the one on the non drive side does cock all. But some of us like symmetry even on things as asymmetrical as bikes.

I'm going to put chainrings and chains on both sides. It'll make me twice as fast too.

Went for MKS in the end, someone showed me theirs and they're real nice.

Pottsy

Cool. I have the MKS fat 'tugs on my Felt Breed (just the one mind you
tongue.gif
) and it works fine too.

You'll have to take a bottle opener separately now though.

Top Bottom