Chain Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ridelover9941

Finally, finally I got my chain fixed with a new master link; went to my local bike shop today earlier and picked one up. I had to remove the bent links and rivets with a little help from my father, but I finally got it fixed. I had to undo the cable from my Suntour derailleur because somehow it got frailed (or frayed?) so I'm going to wait a while and get help to setup a new cable to my Suntour. But as for right now I do have my chain setup through the derailleur and I test spun the chain and it's working just right. Just wanted to let the fine members here know, if you were wondering. Cheers!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Good for you. You can buy a cap to stop gear cables fraying out, you simply squeeze it on with pliers:

00017endcapzz.jpg

Finally, finally I got my chain fixed with a new master link; went to my local bike shop today earlier and picked one up. I had to remove the bent links and rivets with a little help from my father, but I finally got it fixed. I had to undo the cable from my Suntour derailleur because somehow it got frailed (or frayed?) so I'm going to wait a while and get help to setup a new cable to my Suntour. But as for right now I do have my chain setup through the derailleur and I test spun the chain and it's working just right. Just wanted to let the fine members here know, if you were wondering. Cheers!

Frayed.

Frail is the condition you yourself will get after being alive for too long.:okay:

Top Bottom