Chainring/crank BB advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Corynace

Hey, after a bit of advice. I have a frame with a BB386evo bb shell. Currently have a praxis chainring and cranks with a M30 bottom bracket I believe. I want to find out about the viability of installing a 105 r7000 chainring/cranks, with the correct adapters or convertion BB. Has anyone got experience of doing it, does it fit, does it need any spacers if it does. etc. Thanks in advance.

boydj

Legendary Member
I went the other way, having bought a bike with a PF30 BB fitted with a shimano chainset with a PF30 BB conversion. I did this primarily to be able to fit shorter 165mm Praxis cranks, and to get the benefit of a 30mm axle, rather than the 24mm shimano axle - not that there's any real benefit unless you have the power levels of a pro cyclist. I've been riding the Praxis cranks for several years now with no problems - and no creaks.

I don't know what benefit you'll get for a fair amount of cost and effort. Unless you have the right tools it's not an easy job to remove a press-fit BB and fit the conversion. If there's nothing wrong with you cranks and BB now, why change them - there will be no noticeable difference when riding?

OP
OP
C

Corynace

Hey thanks for the reply, yeah you are right it would be more straightforward to stay with praxis. I am due to change my chainring and probably the BB soon. So would be the best to time to make the change if I do. The rest of the group set is all 105 shimano so that would be the only reason.

Top Bottom