CHAINS - kmc or sram ?

What chain you run ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
I seemed to get bloody loads of chainsuck with SRAM chains on my mtb :thumbsdown:

I have same problem on my road bike with a triple fitted. But I found that it is the grease that they use in my case, it seems to be far more tacky than a KMC or a shimano, if I degrease the chain before using it which is what I usually do, I do not have a problem, otherwise its poor shifting till I clean it and then oil it or just oil it over the SRAM grease

Drago

Legendary Member
KMC HD.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Must admit I do like KMC chains, but on my carbon I'm currently running a Selcof 11 speed chain, because it was cheap, & it's been faultless. Probably done a couple of thousand miles & still within wear limits, which is good for me :okay:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
That's interesting...!
I've been doing that too.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I always use £15 KMC chains and I'm very happy with them. One of them did break in heavy traffic while riding round Parliament Square but I think that was just bad luck.

OP
OP
blackgoff

blackgoff

SO, fitted a sram P051 chain i think it's encoded, the stuff on it like a fellow cyclist above pointed out - has a clear light film of oil on it - crud-attractor imo, but is like going back to an old sedis with a new style link!

It's nice n shiney anyhow, which makes the drivetrain look good...

Shifts well too.. Think kmc's have changed or maybe the 9sp. to 10sp. are different ie tolerances as they don't seem pliable in feel...

On the kmc links they're reportedly to be changed via a push together and slide manouvre but i could never achieve that with the 10sp. variant ! (links).

Last edited:
Top Bottom