Chains -splitting them...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Are there any chains available that you can split ie like the old sedis' jobs that you used to be able to split anywhere (on/in the chain) :evil:

Zoiders

SRAM

But only with the power link, as for splitting anywhere with a chain tool, its only shimano chains that come with instructions telling of doom and gloom should one split a chain with tool in anywhere but the right place

I have split and rejoined loads of shimano chains in the wrong place with no ill effect

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Zoiders said:
SRAM

But only with the power link, as for splitting anywhere with a chain tool, its only shimano chains that come with instructions telling of doom and gloom should one split a chain with tool in anywhere but the right place

I have split and rejoined loads of shimano chains in the wrong place with no ill effect

I used to use sedis' and would split them anywhere...so thanks for info Zoids !

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
the sram joining thing on 10 speed don't work as its not made for splitting, just joining.
I prefer the KMC 'missing links'. much easier to use

llanberispass

KMC chains every time. Last for ages as well if looked after.

I run them on Campag 10 speed (new) and they work perfectly. And you can take them off easily to clean them properly.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

llanberispass said:
KMC chains every time. Last for ages as well if looked after.

I run them on Campag 10 speed (new) and they work perfectly. And you can take them off easily to clean them properly.

Got a KMC before prior to reading the sram bit of info above! just as well; thanks all !

Top Bottom