Chainset for fixed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking for an external BB chain set for fixedgear. I've already using a sram with 3/32 chainring, but it's getting to the point that it needs replacing.

There does not seem to be many made for the fixed gear market. I've looked at the ominum set but it seems a bit pricy.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Is it the whole lot you want? Cranks and chainring? Can you not just replace the chainring?
If so the key factor is the bcd, it's usually stamped somewhere on the chainring and or crank but if not there are ways of measuring it to find out what you have.

ayceejay

Guru
First off the Omnium is strictly for 1/8" chain so unless you want to change chain and sprocket (not a bad idea) then you will need something else. The deciding factor will be your bottom bracket unless you change that too - getting expensive - no? The Sugino RD and the Miche are good value for money and both available from the Velodrome Shop. Pay attention to chain line when making any changes.

OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
First off the Omnium is strictly for 1/8" chain so unless you want to change chain and sprocket (not a bad idea) then you will need something else. The deciding factor will be your bottom bracket unless you change that too - getting expensive - no? The Sugino RD and the Miche are good value for money and both available from the Velodrome Shop. Pay attention to chain line when making any changes.

I already have a 3/32 chain and a 16t cog and a 48t 3/32 chain ring. It's just that the cranks need replacing.

I don't really want a non external bb due to the weight and having to buy a new BB.

I service my own bikes and have built two from scratch myself, the only thing I have not managed yet is a wheel build.

Top Bottom