Chamois and no underwear, how do you ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudigrinfeld

I am asking if anyone can advice on the riding quality and feeling with chamois and without wearing underwear. I haven't tried it before but saw some discussions of it, where it was recommended! Anyone can advice if he has any experience and if so also what the recommended chamois he uses.

Bigsharn

Veteran
The feeling of freedom is nice, but after a while of being juggled about it gets uncomfortable . So unless you're in lycra shorts, (then you have a bit more support) I'd stick with wearing undies :smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I wear civvies with normal undies for going to work, the shops or anywhere a mile or three away, and lycra with chammy for anything above that. I have a few pairs of cycling undies, but they're not that comfy for longer rides.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
street clothes and undies for pub/shopping/round town. lycra shorts with padding for longer stuff like commuting (20km), all day rides, lycra bibs with padding.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Anything I want as it has no effect :laugh:

P1060230.jpg

Steve

Attachments

• P1060230.jpg
    P1060230.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 65

G-Zero

Über Member
I am asking if anyone can advice on the riding quality and feeling with chamois and without wearing underwear. I haven't tried it before but saw some discussions of it, where it was recommended! Anyone can advice if he has any experience and if so also what the recommended chamois he uses.

Assos chamois, but only on longer rides of 30+ miles, or if the weather is particularly hot, otherwise I don't bother and I don't bother with undies under the padded lycra.

Underwear under padded (chamois) shorts - never!
Tried it once and never again as it chafed. Even on my 5 mile commute I'm in padded shorts?
Cycling shorts keeps the bits where they should be and stop entrapments.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Underwear? What? :whistle:

Underwear under padded shorts would just seem wrong...

On the upright I tend to go for padded underwear under MTB shorts or walking trousers, temperature dependant (I'm not the shape that lends itself to too much tight lycra!).

Gary E

Veteran
Don't wear underwear either.

It does tend to make me pay more attention to the condition of the stitching in my shorts though. A malfunction doesn't bare thinking about :ohmy:

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I'm confused. Not quite sure where you'd put the underwear on a chamois anyway...

Redimensionnement_de_Chamois_top1.jpg

Or are you supposed to put the chamois in your underwear? I think that would be uncomfortable. But I haven't tried it, so couldn't say for certain.

Attachments

• Redimensionnement_de_Chamois_top1.jpg
    Redimensionnement_de_Chamois_top1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 232
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR70w2a9kXCULe61nfRi-mJudLbx1HOzec1ggnuyMsvpnA4Mg00sgTj86fYPw.jpg

For every weekend ride it's commando every time, even in the depths of winter.
My commute however is only short so it's normal undies and Ron Hill Bikesters for that.

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR70w2a9kXCULe61nfRi-mJudLbx1HOzec1ggnuyMsvpnA4Mg00sgTj86fYPw.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR70w2a9kXCULe61nfRi-mJudLbx1HOzec1ggnuyMsvpnA4Mg00sgTj86fYPw.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom