Chamois creme- which to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I never used to use but since trying now feel compelled to use it, I notice a difference when I don't.
I also think I'm due a new sadlle and definitely new shorts/trousers. My winter cycling rights/trousers are ten years old cheap pair from Aldi, been great and usually use with padded undershorts.
All of which have lost padding depth and comfort

Any tips on good padded undershorts?

So many to choose from???

If you’ve tried some cream and got on with it, why not just get more of that one?
Ditto the undershorts?

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
If you’ve tried some cream and got on with it, why not just get more of that one?
Ditto the undershorts?

The best undershorts I've had were cheap from Amazon several years ago now. Struggling to recall which actual ones they were, Amazon brings up so many, I can have an educated guess but wondered if others new of some food ones I could consider

The only creme I've used is from Evans, expensive and ok, but wanted to see what else is available and what people use. Feel like I need to use some other types until I know which I prefer

kenmiles

I use slipstream. Non messy. Recommended by Katie Kookaburra on you tube.
slipstream.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
some of posts make me think its worth stating:

good shorts and correct saddle is for comfort, not getting this right with impact on your sit bones etc
chammy creme is to stop chafing / rubbing, particularly when hot and sweaty, which can happen with the comfiest of set ups.

two different solutions for two different problems.

bobzmyunkle

chammy creme is to stop chafing / rubbing, particularly when hot and sweaty, which can happen with the comfiest of set ups.
Hot and sweaty, and/or consecutive rainy days. Hardly ever use it, always take some with me on tour. Once rode up the Tourmalet with a chafed buttock after a few hot days and a bit of rain. Sit on the saddle - rubbing. Stand up - it's a long old climb to be doing that.
Anyhow there was a shop at the bottom (appropriately?) which sold Assos, which I've used ever since.

Stephenite

Membå
I've just, sort of accidentally, bought some udder cream called Agrysan.

Chap in front of me at the till in the 'cheap shop' had a 500ml tube of something i'd never seen before. I could make out the words 'salve', 'sore skin', 'daily use'. So i asked him where I could find it and he thought it was easier all round if he went and got it himself - maybe because i had the kids with me, maybe because, just a few moments before, i let him in the queue in front of me as he only had a few things. I didn't have a proper look at it until I got home. Turns out it's udder salve and for veterinary use.

What's the difference between an udder and a bawbag? On the outside, at least?

At less than a third the price of Assos chamois cream I'll be giving it a go this week.

Stephenite

Membå
Now you mention it, this is my favourite chamois cream.
https://udderlysmooth.co.uk/product/chamois-anti-chaffing-cream-shea-butter/
Udder cream rebranded & a few £ added (it does keep the downstairs dept silky soft & smooth).

Yeah. I googled udder cream after I discovered what I'd unintentionally bought and found out it is 'thing'. This is agricultural strength though - but as I'm not planning on any more kids the bawbag here is just a bag of gristle. Can't do any harm.

Top Bottom