Chamois creme- which to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I use Assos (ladies but there’s a unisex one too)

vickster

Legendary Member
I found the men‘s Assos a bit runny, especially when the tub has been around a while. I’m using paceline chamois butt’r at the moment which seems to do the job, doesn‘t drop off your fingers on to the carpet and isn’t overly expensive.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/paceline-products-chamois-buttr-235ml

I apply while in the bathroom, no carpet there for me (as it’s no longer the 70s :laugh:
unless you’re talking about the ahem anatomical carpet :whistle:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I use a couple of types, and also make my own.

Veloskin for long-distance rides.
Because the excellent Sportique is no longer available in the UK post-Brexit I've been using Ozone Elite as it's a tube and sits in the kit bag
My own for other rides; large tub E45, small tub Sudocrem, a few drops of tea tree oil - stir well and put back into the two pots.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Alternative option - I use Vaseline body oil instead of chamois cream.
Works great and has, erm, many other uses

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have a pot of Assos which has a slight menthol effect. I forgot it once when I went to an away sportive and got a tube of Elite stuff too. I only use either on longer rides, so 50+ miles generally, or 4+ hours in the saddle.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I apply while in the bathroom, no carpet there for me (as it’s no longer the 70s :laugh:
unless you’re talking about the ahem anatomical carpet :whistle:
The usual process is that I’m all bibshorted up and ready to head out when I realise I’ve forgotten to … lubricate, so then try and fish around under the shorts with a dollop on the fingertip, which then lands on the floor. Undress, apply dollop properly, swear that I’ll never forget again and head out 10 minutes later than planned. And repeat on the next ride.

Have not used any crème since i found the right saddle. don't actually know many people that do use it.

I think that’s fair enough and I envy those who can cycle without because it’s both a pain in the ass and its opposite. I’ve eventually homed in on my grail saddle (Fizik Aliante - for some reason it just is) but I still have to apply the crème beforehand and have a post-ride skim of Savlon to avoid saddle sores.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
I never used to use but since trying now feel compelled to use it, I notice a difference when I don't.
I also think I'm due a new sadlle and definitely new shorts/trousers. My winter cycling rights/trousers are ten years old cheap pair from Aldi, been great and usually use with padded undershorts.
All of which have lost padding depth and comfort

Any tips on good padded undershorts?

So many to choose from???

Top Bottom