Champion Systems clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Does anybody have any experience? Our club is using them this year.

Would people stick with the base models or pay for the more expensive kit?

tdm

Über Member
I'm also interested to know about people's experience with Champ Sys kit as our club has just switched to them and we're about to put an order in.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I ride in ChampSys kit as it is my club supplier, my opinion is mixed and only based on the kit I have or have seen in the flesh. Since buying my kit, new kit has been released with more technical features so some of what I say below may have been addressed in newer iterations. As a company, they do as they say they will and are reliable when it comes to delivery deadlines, unlike other companies.

The shorts are a nice material and look good but IMO they rely too much on tight leg grippers, rather than good design to stay in place, this means that even those with skinny legs (like me) will find them tight, lots of people say the same thing. The legs are also reasonable short.

The jerseys are okay as far as a standard jersey goes, no different to any other £30 jersey tbh, the colour and printing was high quality. The race fit jersey was not short enough in the front for me so bunches up when on the bike and there is no silicon around the bottom so the jersey rides up, the fit is okay other than that, but with the jersey not being stretchy, the fit is what it is and you can't really size down for a skin tight fit and I find there is extra room at the front of the shoulders on me.

The speeduits look great to me and fit those who use them very well, I will eventually purchase one.

The skinsuits similar to the above, quite stretchy so you can size down, but will probably have the leg gripper being tight.

Winter jacket/jersey, brilliant, it is very warm and also nice and stretchy, so can size down for a nice tight fit.

As for whether to go for standard kit or upgrade, what exactly do you mean? If you mean the chamois, I would say the endurance model is better than the performance model, not much difference when you 1st buy them, but the performance one seems to go flat/lose the padding effect over time, the endurance model holds up well.

Last edited:

Martin McNeely

Our club have started using champ systems after a bad experience with endura(mainly supply issues).champ system delivered in 6 weeks from order. Pro vision delivered in 4 weeks. Both are roughly the same price,not much in it. I have two endura kits and didn't have any problems but have heard a lot of washing problems.

I think it's good value for money,quality is good and washed great. Also good padding and very comfortable,it my preferred kit now.We also use pro vision for our chain gang and I prefer my champ system kit (club cut)to it but the cuts are different. The race cut is one size up for me. Champ system also provided samples of all the cuts for a £200 deposit as far as I am aware. Sounds a lot but they all got returned and they recieved 20+ orders so it's good business.

I have now ordered a gillet and a race cut jersey.

Andy_G

Our club uses CS and apart from my other bits and bobs mainly Castelli i really like it, race cut for the italian build and club cut for most of us lumps but im a lump and i race in race cut and its fine.

Top Bottom