Champions League

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Six UK teams in the pot of 32, thanks to the complete and utter annihilation of Spartak Moscow at the hands of the mighty Glasgow Celtic (ahem).;)

Out of the eight teams in pot one for the draw, four of them are English. 50/50 chance of being drawn in a group containing an English side.

That doesn't seem right, does it?

ps: Quickdraw, any fingernails left?

The very name the Champions League, suggests it should be champions not runners up, 2nd 3rd & 4th.

OT - It looks like we won't get an easy draw no matter who it is and unfortunatly we cant draw the other wee Glasgow team.

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:
ps: Quickdraw, any fingernails left?

Fingernails are intact. The result was never in doubt was it? I always had the utmost faith in King Artur.

It was a brilliant night. I took my son to his first ever game (he's only 5) and I couldn't have asked for a better introduction. The game had everything. I just hope he's not expecting it to be like that all the time.

As for the draw I really don't care who we get. There's no easy teams in any of the pots (except Rangers obviously but we can't get them) but equally after last seasons results against Man U and Milan there's noone to fear either. Bring them on.

PS it should be noted Spartak were excellent last night. Their players waited on the pitch while the Celtic players celebrated and shook all their hands as they walked off. I don't think I'd have been as sporting after a defeat like that - I'd be away up the tunnel greetin.

Joe

Über Member
I can't believe ITV showed the Arsenal match instead of Celtic. I know they're English and they play good looking football and all, but being two (away goals) up from the first leg it was never going to be very exciting!

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Superb! I think I'd have skulked off too. I was shaking my head when Stranzl got the red card and I thought we could do with some of their players really, but the game played in good spirits and I don't think I'd have been too gutted if it had gone the other way. Easy to be magnanimous today though!

I don't mind who we get either - would much rather see big teams come and see the bhoys in some of football's most opulent and salubrious arenas than scrape a win over Rosenborg etc.

7 minutes and counting!

Melvil

Joe said:
I can't believe ITV showed the Arsenal match instead of Celtic. I know they're English and they play good looking football and all, but being two (away goals) up from the first leg it was never going to be very exciting!

They showed Arsenal because you live in England ;) - up here in Scotchland they showed Celtic on the main ITV and Arsenal was on ITV4, innit!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Slightly OT but you Scots might know the answer. Apparently Hearts have got 61 players on their books; what on earth is going on at that club? Do they get paid?

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Short answer: Hearts is currently owned by Vladimir Romanov, a Lithuanian banker. He consolidated all of Hearts debt and transferred it to his bank, who earn a nice little interest rate from the debt.

Contrary to his claim that Hearts would win the Champions League within 5 years, and have world class players and management, in fact they have the likes of the washed up and freshly injured Neil McCann, and invited Graham Rix amongst others to run the team.

Braw.

Top Bottom