Change from SPD MTB to SPD SL cleats?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am another one forced to change to SL due to hot spots. Given the choice I would have remained on SPD, but after 50-60 miles I was getting into quite a lot of pain, despite spendings a lot of dosh on various pairs of shoes.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the main reason i prefer a 3 bolt is that if 1 bolt comes loose i can still unclip...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I am another one forced to change to SL due to hot spots. Given the choice I would have remained on SPD, but after 50-60 miles I was getting into quite a lot of pain, despite spendings a lot of dosh on various pairs of shoes.
used to found that my set up was wrong fore/ aft and some shoes for mtb can be flexible, since i found my correct cleat set up and use decent shoes i have never had an issue even on 100 milers

Mark pallister

it depends on the type of riding you do ,if you climb a lot out of the saddle then yes I would change
I feel a lot more locked in on spd sl and therefore a lot more comfortable to really push hard on them
I use spd on the gravel bike as there easier to clip out if things get a bit to rough

Top Bottom