Change my rims or buy a new bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
I'd go for a new set of wheels, always good to have a spare set^_^.
A good set of wheels, compared to the stock wheels, would make a noticeable improvement to your riding enjoyment^_^.

My CX came with Alex XD-lite wheels, fine wheels but they are quite agricultural when compared to the Hope Hoops I bought.

OP
OP
junkie_ball

junkie_ball

ok just an update been to my lbs and they took a look at my rims and said I could squeeze a 23c on but would be better with a 25c. So have opted for a set of schwalbe 25c to see how they go. Lbs said probably not worth changing bike as I'm running a compact road chainring anyway. Fingers cross the change of rubber will be for the better and bonus still have the 32c tires for the winter.

OP
OP
junkie_ball

junkie_ball

Ok new rubber fitted. Had to laugh as had the neighbour running for cover. not sure if one of the new innertubes was faulty or i pinched it when putting it in. but after about a minute at 110 psi it went off like a shotgun. tore a hole in the new inner tube about 4 inches long. Need to buy another spare now though.

jack smith

Veteran
Ive had that happen about a min after it was pumped its odd how it happens afterwards nutmthe bang is horrific! It even made me jump and im used to stuff like that!

Top Bottom