Changes for the worse that have happened in my lifetime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We need a good war. Bring back Bliar.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Celebrity culture, it’s like a disease.
My God, I hate that too...especially some 'celebs' whose only 'talent' is getting on TV for nowt.
You do things right in life, you may get lucky with a good job & house. You try to murder someone & despite being in prison, you're world famous with people lining up to play you:
pointless celebrity

Everyone seems to be going mad on what looks to me to be a festering pile of dung.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Edited to make the statement more realistic. :laugh:
I'm not sure that moderators are eligible for the Post of the Day award, else I'd happy grant it for that :laugh:

PK99

Legendary Member
Rhodesia pretty much fed the entire continent south of the equator.

Zimbabwe can't feed a fraction of it's own population.

A few years after independence, at the time when Set-aside was big news over here - with farmers being paid to take land out of production, I visited Zimbabwe and was astonished to find the same thing happening there - farmers being paid to lower production and we observed piles of surplus mealie (white maize) rotting by the roadside.

That was before Mugabe's land grab and the ejection of white farmers.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
A few years after independence, at the time when Set-aside was big news over here - with farmers being paid to take land out of production, I visited Zimbabwe and was astonished to find the same thing happening there - farmers being paid to lower production and we observed piles of surplus mealie (white maize) rotting by the roadside.

That was before Mugabe's land grab and the ejection of white farmers.
Indeed, because of sanctions post-independence they were struggling to export as they did before, particularly as SA joined in and boycotted them.

Top Bottom