Changing a flat mid ride - poll

Replacing Tube ... What method do you use ?

• Unbead one side and carefully slip new tube in.

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • Fully remove tyre and tube

Votes: 45 46.9%
  • Wait on Support Car

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Call Home Rescue

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Phone a Taxi

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Why would you take the tyre all the way off :S

D

Deleted member 20519

Why would you take the tyre all the way off :S

So that you can run your hand around the inside of the tyre to check for debris that may have burst your tube, good for checking the rim tape too to make sure that a spoke didn't burst your wheel ;)

Reactions: akb

Peteaud

Veteran
Wait for my support

500e68d8badce.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
Thinking back, of the last four puncture victims I have offered to assist. One had no pump, another was having difficulty getting the back wheel on and the other two were just waiting for Home Rescue!^_^

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
So that you can run your hand around the inside of the tyre to check for debris that may have burst your tube, good for checking the rim tape too to make sure that a spoke didn't burst your wheel ;)
I can do both of those without taking the tyre off ;)

A & B for me depending upon the circumstances, like how I p'tured (for me its pretty easy to tell a snakebite), which tyre, what I'm doing, weather etc. I tend to do it in stages take half the tyre of first and if I don't find the p'ture or don't think it a front snakebite take it all off (OOer ;))

Pauluk

I've had at least two punctures this year where I couldn't find the sharp (thorns I think) until I turned the tyre almost inside out at the point of the puncture. The thorns were very well disguised and were laying flat along the inside of the tyre lining. I really don't think I would have found them if I hadn't taken the tyre off the rim.

Top Bottom