Changing a hotmail account..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ive had my business email account for over 10 years i think.
I dont have the business anymore, But i do have a few important things set to that email address.

Im thinking if i get a new account i can have a name not associated with my old business " i get plagued with emails relating to that"

So whats the best way to do it and keep the important contacts, ie. Banks paypal council ect

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 4889532, member: 259"]Does it have to be Hotmail? Gmail is miles better against spam and it's easy to import Hotmail contacts.[/QUOTE]

I have a Gmail account..dont use it
How do you import? I'm very much a caveman with IT..
Does importing automatically make it your email address? Or does everything have to be registered to the new account?

Alex H

Legendary Member
You can set your hotmail account to forward everything to your new account, then you can close hotmail when you're ready - you don't lose the hotmail account unless you fail to login properly at least once a year(?)I think :unsure:.

We do this with our exceedingly slow change over, Hotmail seems to be going slower and slower, and login every month to keep it going.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As Alex says, forward the mail you want to a new address (either Hotmail or Gmail) and ignore everything else.
T'other way is to 'Block Sender' for the mail you no longer want to see.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
As Alex says, forward the mail you want to a new address (either Hotmail or Gmail) and ignore everything else.
T'other way is to 'Block Sender' for the mail you no longer want to see.

I use the Block all the time but that seems to be very temporary..

Thanks for the help All, I'll start sending what i need over and then see if i can change all my paypal bank work etc to the new address

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Its depressed the crap out of me too mate :laugh:
Well at least you can larf :thumbsup:

Top Bottom