Changing cassette for climbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

Swapping the granny ring at the front as stated above would be my choice. Costs next to nowt, easy fit and easily reversible if you gain thighs like Tessa Sanderson and go screaming up the Pass at 20mph glued to Bradley W's rear wheel. :-)

I'd more likely be in the gruppetto with Cav. :laugh: :biggrin:

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

So, thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I've decided to wait a fortnight or so till my husband's pay day anyway as he reckons we also need extra tools to do the job, so that will give me a bit of time to keep on trying hilly routes. I'll then probably go for a new inner chain ring, can't decide between 26 or 28T though!! :rolleyes: Or maybe I should just take the bike to the LBS and get them to do it!!

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

If you're cycling around Llanberis regularly, you could hook up with Plax of this parish.

We go a couple of times a year, usually for walking, but decided to have a crack at the Pass this time round!! :biggrin: I think I've got the climbing bug though, so I'm now searching out all the big hills in my area - hardly surprising really since my other sport is mountaineering. Is there something wrong with me to like the suffering??!! :laugh: :laugh:

Top Bottom